Sagrada» Forums » Rules

Subject: used tool to place illegally - remembering rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use a tool's powers to place a die where it cannot normally be placed, what is the best way to mark or remember this?

If you don't remember it, you may "catch" it later in the game, and have to take the penalty for an illegally placed die. Especially if players use that tool more than once, I can see it getting confusing.

Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will need to double check, but I thought the tools only broke the placement rules of the spaces under the die, which would be covered by the die, and therefor nothing to check. They don't break rules on color or pip adjacency, which is what the checking rules are for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Kirk is right...I don't think tools ever allow you to break an adjacency rule (color or number). In fact, most say on the tool card that you must still follow normal placement rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know for certain that that adjacency rules can never be broken (because I played it wrong for a while and the creator corrected me)

It's only the colours or dots underneath the dice that can be broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The previous posts are correct in that there is no tool (yet) that allows you to place like colors or like pips orthogonally adjacent to another, so there would be nothing to have to remember after using a tool. If, however, you managed to place a die incorrectly while using a tool and later discovered it, it would have nothing to do with the tool. You will still just suffer the correction penalty for having an illegal die placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.