Subject: Errors in Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a graphic one can download to fix these counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that Tiny Battles will do the right thing and send out replacement counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In playing today, we noticed that two of the Action counters have orange backs instead of brown ones.

I too, hope they issue errata counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
I received this message just a few moments ago:

Tiny Battle Publishing has sent you a free downloadable copy of a title on Wargame Vault

NOTE FROM PUBLISHER:
It has come to our attention that a number of print copies of Chile '73 were printed and shipped with certain errors or omissions on the counter sheet and rule book. Following this message, you will see a unique link through which you may download printable copies of the corrected files from WarGameVault with our compliments. In addition to corrected files (updated file names are in all capital letters), we uploaded a list of both corrections and clarifications since the first copies of the game were printed.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

YOUR LINK TO YOUR FREE COPY:

When you click the link, the title will be entered into your shopping cart with the price set to zero. Simply click the link below to load up your shopping cart and then check out to get your free title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't do DTP, so this is quite disappointing. They really should send out corrected counters.

I guess I'll just try to sell this version of the game and rebuy a corrected version in the future. Bummer...soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
I agree. I've sent an email to them expressing my disappointment. I ordered 2 copies of the game, as I especially like Brian Train's designs. Perhaps they'll move to fix the problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got the same email. Don’t have the desire to do print n play, which is why I bought a hard copy. Also, when I attempted to follow the link they sent, their site would not recognize my email address so I couldn’t download anyway. All very frustrating. Would greatly prefer they just sent replacement counters.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Edited to fix double post

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
Precisely my feeling as well. I am pleased that there's an acknowledgment of an error made, and that there is an option being offered. But for some of us, it's really no option at all, given that the choice was made to buy a hard copy (as it were). To have purchased two copies and then be told that to correct the errors made, it's up to me to do what I didn't choose to do to start with--namely, print-and-play--is very disappointing.

I wonder if Brian Train knows of the problems with production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
He is aware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
He is aware.

Yes, he is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
Good to know, thanks.

Any chance that you'll be able to prevail upon them to make new counters available to those of us who've purchased your game?

Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No more than any other customer, I think... maybe even less so since technically I am not a paying one!
My designer copies arrived at my house after being mailed on April 20, with all of the rules and counter errata that have been described so far left in, errata which I (and others) pointed out to them in early March, as soon as I saw the PnP version.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
Thanks Brian.

I've had no reply at all to my email to the publisher, inquiring about their plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a reply to my email either.

I will repost here what I posted on another thread, in answer to a prospective customer who was wondering how serious the counter errors are.

Quote:
Here are the counter errata, in case you haven't read it elsewhere, and their effect on play:

1. Three combat units in the game (3 Marine, 4 Buin and 5 Police) do not have the white-edged “Rebel” sides and images on the reverse.
This does not affect play of the game in the pre-Coup phase when the hidden information matters, as pieces are kept on their "Government" sides.
So you can draw on the blank back, or paste on the corrected image from the PnP sheet, with no prejudice to play of the game.
Another alternative is simply to not use these units: these three (along with some extra Civilians) were added to the counter mix by Tiny Battle after I submitted the game.

2. There are two Control chits each for "1 Transport" and "1 Tactical", when there should be one set for "1", and another for "2 Transport" and "2 Tactical".
Just write "2" over the numbers on the duplicate set.
There, fixed.

3. Two Action Chits (both “Neutralize, Infiltrate, Block”) have orange backs when they should have beige ones.
This is not critical to play unless they are face-down in a player’s Reserve.
As it is, seven of the 13 Action Chits are of this type, so you aren't giving much away here either.

Brian

So honestly, these errata are nothing that cannot be worked around, and they do not have a severe effect on the game... but sure, they are annoying.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
Many thanks Brian. This is quite useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome.

And so far I have refrained from mentioning the largest counter erratum of all, at least from my point of view:

In the game I submitted, all of the unit Control Chits were the same colour on the back (I just left them white).

So that when you drew them out of the Control Pool no one could tell what Faction of unit (Civilian, Paramilitary or Military) you were picking and choosing - just that when you took one in and discarded an Infiltrate chit at the same time, the unit you took was not of your faction or you did not have the faction leader (or you could just have been faking people out).

This gave more depth to the pre-Coup phase, so people would have more incentive to play Investigate chits on other players, or trying to make deals with others to sound them out for what they were.
Colouring the backs of the unit Control Chits by their faction removes a lot of that mystery, and makes it obvious pretty quickly who is what faction...

Again, like the other counter errata, this does not make the game unplayable.
But those of you who are making up your counters with the free PnP download might want to make this change when you are pasting up the counters.

(And it would be a good idea to print the counters a bit smaller, or the map larger, in order for them to fit in the areas better.)

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Black
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I sent a second email out a couple days ago and got a pleasant reply pretty quickly after that. I would suggest those of you who have contacted but not heard back try again.

Regards,

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

What was the reply?
Are you getting a new set of physical counters?

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
I received an email as well, and waiting for a follow-up and confirmation that replacement counters will be sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R L Moses
China
flag msg tools
A further update.

A couple of weeks back, Mark Walker indicated that he would address the problem of the misprinted counters. I received an email from him today indicating that a new set of counters was being sent out to my address this week.

I'm not sure if customers affected by this problem should contact him directly, or if those who ordered copies from the site will automatically receive new counters. Whatever the case, it's another instance of Mark taking good care of his customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I know this is late to the party, but I just confirmed with Mark Walker that if you suspect you have the wrong counters, please contact orders@tinybattlepublishing.com with order information and they will assist you with getting the proper counters. I do apologize for the delay in sorting this out, but I hope this will help you get the counters you deserve to play.

Eddie
http://tinybattlepublishing.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Eddie, you are not late to the party at all.
And many thanks to Mark for making good on this.

I suspect that a number of rulebooks were sent out at a late date with all of the original errata still in them (at least, that is how I received my designer copies on April 20, over six weeks after I identified the errata with the publisher).
Can these be replaced too, or failing that could a PDF of the corrected rules be made available?

[ETA - a PDF of the corrected rules is available on the Tiny Battles website. Thanks!]

Thanks,

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
Thank you Eddie, you are not late to the party at all.
And many thanks to Mark for making good on this.

I suspect that a number of rulebooks were sent out at a late date with all of the original errata still in them (at least, that is how I received my designer copies on April 20, over six weeks after I identified the errata with the publisher).
Can these be replaced too, or failing that could a PDF of the corrected rules be made available?

[ETA - a PDF of the corrected rules is available on the Tiny Battles website. Thanks!]

Thanks,

Brian

I'll pass this along to Mark!!

Eddie
http://tinybattlepublishing.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I've already told Mark about my defective rulebooks, I imagine he has fixed it with the printer by now but I wonder how many copies went out the door like that.

Anyway, the corrected rules are on the website.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.