5 Posts

Unicornus Knights» Forums » General

Subject: Different princess army values in images? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Worm Johnson
msg tools
So I saw these images of the princess sheets
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3225031/unicornus-knights?si...

So the version I have, the military strength number is inside a green shield, not that green cross thing. Also the values for the Princess are much higher (social: 8, warrior 8, Tactician 10, Lucky Girl 6).

This makes the game a LOT easier because 1. She has more troops to soak up damage in battle, and 2. With a higher army max, you can control her movement better by just loading up up with max soldiers then moves at a crawl until you send supplies to her, tightly controlling when she advances.

Did they fine tune it for difficulty? Game seemed too easy when we tried it (very easy to control princess movement, the warrior one was able to bulldoze through everything with little damage and quickly get replacement soldiers sent to her; we basically let her do all the fighting while we hung back and supported her).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look like the Manifest Destiny edition. I think we've had maybe a 50% win rate with it? The game never seemed particularly fine-tuned to me. The Manifest Destiny rulebook even suggests "trying different land configurations to adjust the difficulty" without really suggesting any particular configurations to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Elucidator

Texas
msg tools
Those are the MD edition that has dual language English/Japanese components. Making the princess tougher would probably make the game boring since it's already not that hard with those original values.

As for adjusting land configurations, you can make the game a lot harder by placing aggressive enemy characters on or adjacent to the route the princess takes or a lot easier by purposefully placing those characters at the edges of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worm Johnson
msg tools
So you'd recommend using those values instead of the higher ones? I've played one game with the higher ones and it seemed way too easy even though it was our first time.

(the hermit and the healing knight in particular seem like they make the game way too easy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cosmic Elucidator

Texas
msg tools
Yeah, I would suggest you play with those original HP/command values if you thought the game was too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.