Subject: Thinking of buying, a couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm a big fan of puzzley coops so this game really interests me. I love games like Mage Knight, gloomhaven, city of kings and spirit island. Hopefully this has the same sort of appeal? I know those games are quite different but they all provide the cerebral gaming experience I've grown to love.

How long do I have to add a pre order? I assume that pre order option won't last forever.

On replayability, is it fun to play through the game again with different characters or do you use all of them each playthrough? I heard something about swapping heroes between each mission?

If I buy the all in option am I getting every mission ever made for the game or are there a couple of KS items that I'll miss? I saw another thread listing some mission add-ons so got me thinking about this.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Mage Knight, and I think Perdition's mouth is a great take on a rondel/card management system for a dungeon crawler. It doesn't have the deck-building aspect of Mage Knight though -- in fact my main critique of PM: AR is the lack of proper feel of levelling. If you're okay with not levelling then it should be fine.

I don't play it as a campaign though (because of lack of levelling), and replayability comes from trying different heroes for different levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
msg tools
mb
I played through the main scenarios and really enjoyed it. Also a fan of Mage Knight. Theres some really good strategy going on in this game. If your careful (and good) you can avoid filling your deck with wounds and aquire treasures and buffs. But the main leveling up is actually you, the strategy of this game is pretty dynamic and you defently get better and better as you go. The way you learn to interact the characters who are all unique crom each other in intresting ways is a major factor in getting better. Really smooth mechanics too. There are multiple paths through the main campaign, also quite a bit of new content out and coming out. A very well made game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:

How long do I have to add a pre order? I assume that pre order option won't last forever.

For ever is a long time and that long we do not offer, surely.
But current intention is to keep pre-orders open at least until end of June.

Quote:

On replayability, is it fun to play through the game again with different characters or do you use all of them each playthrough? I heard something about swapping heroes between each mission?

Of course I'm slighly biased, but having spent whole Modena Play to play just 1A introduction scenario (about 40 times) with widely varying hero combinations and always new crowd to play, I can say that even that many repetitions only showed the common mistakes that players do (...and should avoid). And no, I don't believe in teaching game by explaining every strategy bit - players need to learn most by themselves to really _learn_. And like Alex mentioned you will learn and will need every bit of learning. Yet, it didn't feel dull or repetitive.

Quote:

If I buy the all in option am I getting every mission ever made for the game or are there a couple of KS items that I'll miss? I saw another thread listing some mission add-ons so got me thinking about this.

We do not believe in KS exclusives. We believe that's a rip-off and we don't want to do that for our players. Every scenario we do is available in a form or another as long as we have stock to sell. Of course, when something is out of print, it's out of print.

But the pre-order and KS version have only different postal costs, not content. We made mistakes in pricing few shipping costs in campaign that we had to correct with pre-orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.