Subject: Character cards replenishment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Chou
Taiwan
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule didn't specify the timing of character cards replenishment. Should I shift the cards and draw new one after hiring or do this after the end of a player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
We think that this happens at the end of a player's turn (based on what we read in the German rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

Here is why I believe cards might be replaced immediately. Rules state, "If a Character card is hired in the current round ... the remaining slots are filled. I feel that if the designer wanted us to replace cards at the end of the turn (hopefully) he would have made it clear. We must keep in mind, rules state prior to this, you may hire as many characters as you like before or after your turn.

I personally like the way you play it, meaning, replacing the cards at the end of a person's turn. I have played it both ways and found it works well either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
I don't think that makes sense.

The english rules say "If a character was hired in the current turn". The "in the current turn"-part makes no sense to me if the shift happened immediately ("Immediately" is always "in the current turn").

The German rules say: "Wenn in diesem Zug einer oder mehrere Charaktere gekauft wurden, ...". This translates to: "When one or more characters have been bought this turn, ...". If the cards shift immediately, there is no need for the "or more"-part.

Finally:
CaribbeanWayne wrote:
We must keep in mind, rules state prior to this, you may hire as many characters as you like before or after your turn.

Where does it say this? I can only find "The player may hire any number of characters during his turn at any time, as long as they can pay the price." (And "during" isn't the same as "before or after")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hulek
United States
Galloway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand what you are saying. The rules are extremely challenging to say the least. There should be no questions in this simple “high low” game. I would like to mention that I believe you and I may be looking at different rules. After some investigation I noticed my Kickstarter rules are slightly different from the original rules. Even some of the iconography is different, (though the outcome is the same).

To answer your question reflgarding whether or not you can play a character card, here is what the updated KS rules state “Note: Chatacter cards may also be played at the end of one’s turn, influencing the ...”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baylor Peak
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
hmm interesting.

We've been playing it where as soon as you buy a card, you "immediately" replace the card, and then just keep buying cards until you can't or don't want to.

I like the shifting idea better. Still replace cards, but have the others shift down (similar to Century).

Alternatively, maybe it's a buyers market. Maybe you don't replace any cards until the of the player's turn, then they shift down, etc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.