Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klemen Hrovat
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

last night me and my girlfriend played a game where we were pretty even. We play without tactic cards. At the end of the game we got to this situation where girlfriend couldn't place any more troops to flags (they were either finished and unclaimed or claimed). We were also out of cards. I still had more room to put my troops. How does the game play if this happen? Does she skip her turns and only I place troops until there is a winner?

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How can a flag be finished and unclaimed? If it's a tie, the last player to play a card loses the flag.

If you can't play a card because all flags are claimed, the game is already over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case where one player can’t play cards, the other player simply plays until one someone wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
nhjelmberg wrote:
How can a flag be finished and unclaimed? If it's a tie, the last player to play a card loses the flag.

If you can't play a card because all flags are claimed, the game is already over.

Finished on her side, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
remember if you cant play a "suit" you can still play a card, its just not the one you want :)

Then your hand is based on the point values of the card (Which is the lowest priority) and will not win against any suit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meta3 wrote:
How does the game play if this happen? Does she skip her turns and only I place troops until there is a winner?

This is how you do it. I'm at work and away from my rule pamphlet, but it says this somewhere around endgame. You (the player with some cards in hand) just fill up the unclaimed flags and resolve them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meta3 wrote:
Hi,

last night me and my girlfriend played a game where we were pretty even. We play without tactic cards. At the end of the game we got to this situation where girlfriend couldn't place any more troops to flags (they were either finished and unclaimed or claimed). We were also out of cards. I still had more room to put my troops. How does the game play if this happen? Does she skip her turns and only I place troops until there is a winner?

Regards

If you were playing without tactics cards, there would be a maximum of 54 spots for cards. There are 60 cards, unless you are playing Schotten Totten in which there are 54 cards. How on earth did you run out of cards and there are still empty spots for cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
meta3 wrote:
Hi,

Regards

If you were playing without tactics cards, there would be a maximum of 54 spots for cards. There are 60 cards, unless you are playing Schotten Totten in which there are 54 cards. How on earth did you run out of cards and there are still empty spots for cards?

I don't think they're running out of cards. It's that one player is unable to play anymore cards, as their spots are either full OR on a flag that's already been claimed.

In that case, the player who can play must play until there's a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemen Hrovat
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
nhjelmberg wrote:

Finished on her side, I guess.

Yes, finished on her side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemen Hrovat
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
losfp wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:
meta3 wrote:
Hi,

Regards

I don't think they're running out of cards. It's that one player is unable to play anymore cards, as their spots are either full OR on a flag that's already been claimed.

In that case, the player who can play must play until there's a winner.

Deck cards run out but there were still cards in our hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemen Hrovat
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nhjelmberg wrote:

I wrote it wrong, I apologize. It is finished on her side but she still couldn't proove that she has stronger formation so it was still unclaimed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.