Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stig Beite Løken
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks, any news about the expansion? Any new hints or teasers since 2017? I just started playing TTA on Steam and I absolutely love it. Been playing the tabletop version since 2008. Getting new leaders and wonders for both the digital and the analog game would be absolutely amazing. The diversity in play experiences that would bring could possibly make this a game I could play for the next 40 years without being bored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uroš Zorić
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest info we have on this is that they plan to release the expansion digitally first. After using the plays data, they can tweak and balance accordingly before printing. But this is the "news" from 2016.

The main question is when is that first digital release going to happen, I'm really eager as well cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geegs
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hoping it's soon now that the mobile app AND Steam versions are both live. Maybe they give it a few weeks to insure stability on Steam and then they let the digital world start testing? I'm eager to try all the new cards too, been watching and waiting impatiently since they teased us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wife and me are playing game really often, it constantly hits our desk for over two years. That is longest time we have been intreseted in one particular game. No game has ever come close to this, so this is our number one game by far (and we are experineced gamers). Therefore we are really looking forward to this expansion, this is must buy for us and I simply cannot express my huge excitement about this. We are waiting from 2016 for this and I think this expansion is must buy for many players. I know Vlada likes to make digital games for phones, but I also hope this expansion will hit my table in 2018!

I know I didnt contribute to conversation but still wanted to share this with my bggeeks zombie

EDITS: typing errors

Br,
Mladen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking very much forward to the printed version, too. However won't mind that much, if it gets delayed a bit because of in-depth playtesting of the online implemetations. While I bought and played first the game in 2016, it took me till this year to get a group for regular play, so right now I'm still happy with the base game. But the new cards look awesome to me. If they get them balanced, this will be a great expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis C
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
As others have said, no new updates. I'm willing to wait until they get it right, but it has been quite awhile since their last update. I hope they say something soon. Since the apps released, I've actually played enough that the base game is starting to feel a little scripted. Some new cards would definitely breathe some fresh life into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio MILITO PAGLIARA
msg tools
please tell us more...

when we will see the expansion?

will it come out first on the app or on the table?

if on the app will it be an add on or what?

when the playtest will begin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
to_mars wrote:
As others have said, no new updates.

Poop!

I've been wanting them to take my money for some time now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
to_mars wrote:
As others have said, no new updates.

Poop!

I've been wanting them to take my money for some time now....

I'll make you an update. Send your check to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
saturnkk wrote:

I'll make you an update. Send your check to me.

How much you want? Not to tip my hand, but I want this expansion pretty badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jablonovsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks!

We are working on the expansion right now!

After the successful iOS/Android and now Steam release of TTA, and some feature & fix updates, we are moving forward. There will be new features (mainly multiplayer related), but our main focus with TTA is now the expansion.

There will be many new leaders and new wonders, some of them playing with new mechanics, and they are overall a bit more complex than leaders and wonders from the base game. You will be able to play with the old ones, new ones, or a mix of both. You might have seen some spoilers here on BGG, but that's not the final form of the cards. Some of them are changed right now because of theme, balance, overall feeling, and how they fit to the rest.

There is still a lot of work ahead of us, but we are very eager to play with the new cards and we can't wait to play the new stuff online with you. Once all the cards are balanced, we will be able to enjoy the expansion also in the real world.

Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
David4242 wrote:
Hi folks!

We are working on the expansion right now!

After the successful iOS/Android and now Steam release of TTA, and some feature & fix updates, we are moving forward. There will be new features (mainly multiplayer related), but our main focus with TTA is now the expansion.

There will be many new leaders and new wonders, some of them playing with new mechanics, and they are overall a bit more complex than leaders and wonders from the base game. You will be able to play with the old ones, new ones, or a mix of both. You might have seen some spoilers here on BGG, but that's not the final form of the cards. Some of them are changed right now because of theme, balance, overall feeling, and how they fit to the rest.

There is still a lot of work ahead of us, but we are very eager to play with the new cards and we can't wait to play the new stuff online with you. Once all the cards are balanced, we will be able to enjoy the expansion also in the real world.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update. Kinda wish there was a target date, but knowing it's the focus of development right now, that's something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
Wife and me are playing game really often, it constantly hits our desk for over two years. That is longest time we have been intreseted in one particular game. No game has ever come close to this, so this is our number one game by far (and we are experineced gamers). Therefore we are really looking forward to this expansion, this is must buy for us and I simply cannot express my huge excitement about this. We are waiting from 2016 for this and I think this expansion is must buy for many players. I know Vlada likes to make digital games for phones, but I also hope this expansion will hit my table in 2018!

I know I didnt contribute to conversation but still wanted to share this with my bggeeks zombie

EDITS: typing errors

Br,
Mladen

Pretty much the exact case for me and my partner. Although I usually win, she beat me today by 3 points by managing to complete a age 3 wonder which gave her a lot of points. Best game ever, only one I rate 10 out of 10 and we cannot wait for the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wesker wrote:
Simicic wrote:
Wife and me are playing game really often

Interesting to hear other couples doing this. My wife and I have played many games together, and we're starting to play weekly Sunday evening with friends. We all know the game well enough that we can play well while socializing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.