Best Teamwork
Presenters: ljtrigirl/RoyalApe

Best Theme
Presenter: acox89

Best Writing
Presenter: madelineb

Best Performance Role Playing
Presenter: ortho_

spj will be presenting the first award today. Until she makes her presentation (ON APRIL 11th), please do not post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Princess
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! Sooo...I was supposed to be presenting with my pals the 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf, but it looks like they didn't get the memo that this award is all about working together as a TEAM!

Did you hear that? Is that the wind howling?

*tumbleweed of straw rolls by*

Anyhoo...the nominees for Best Performance as a Team are:

1. Team Evil - Evening 11er #2 - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
2. Team Evil - A Reduxed Flashionable 17er - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
3. Team Evil - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
4. Team Good - UNDER THE SEA 4: Pistol Shrimps and Cephalopods - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
5. Team Good - Are You My Wolf? - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post
5. Team Evil - GtkY: Playlist Edition - Cassy Link - Game Thread - Nomination Post

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

In 3rd place:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
3rd - Team Evil - Getting to Know You: Playlist Edition

In 2nd place:
2nd - Team Good - Are You My Wolf?

And the number 1 team go bet your life savings on them iiiisss....
1st - Team Evil - A Reduxed Flashionable 17er

Time for some celebratory bacon! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
bacon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
wow

Royal- This feels like that game where evil never got any votes. It just feels off. Maybe we should switch things up a bit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

class Best_Theme

candidates = [ ["Buffy the Vampire Slayer", 0], ["Pokemon: Fractured Moon", 0], ["A Game of Thrones", 0],
["Video Game Gauntlet", 0], ["Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1", 0], ["The Shadow and the Hero", 0] ]

def winners(candidates):
def points():
for x in candidates:
if vote == 1:
candidates[x][1] += 5
elif vote == 2:
candidates[x][1] += 4
elif vote == 3:
candidates[x][1] += 3
elif vote == 4:
candidates[x][1] += 2
elif vote == 5:
candidates[x][1] += 1
else:
return

sorted(candidates, key=itemgetter(1), reverse=True)

print ('In third place we have... ' + candidates[2][0])
print ('In second place we have... ' + candidates[1][0])
print ('And the winner is... ' + candidates[0][0] + '!')

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
>>> winners(candidates)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In third place we have...

Video Game Gauntlet

Cassy Link - Game Thread

Quaseymoto wrote:
I'm nominating Video Game Gauntlet #2952 for Best Theme

ljtrigirl wrote:

[dawn]

You may post! Game orders are coming soon.

The premise is pretty simple, pick your favorite video game character and we'll make some powers for them and you'll have to duke it out.
But so many of the abilities were 100% thematic to the characters, to the point of making balance near It encouraged some amazing RP and interactions between players.

This is a bit out of the ordinary I think since most of the theme came through behind the scenes, rather than in writing. However I think it still fits in this category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In second place we have...

The Shadow and the Hero

Cassy Link - Game Thread

Kortemaki wrote:
I'm nominating The Shadow and the Hero for Best Theme!

Cassy link: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1813299
Game Thread: The Shadow and the Hero - Game Over. Everyone was turned into potatoes and then they fell into a pit full of dynamite and everyone blew up. The end.

The game has received not just one but two nominations for Best Original Writing, but I would argue it takes a lot more than just great writing to sustain 31 (!!) players for three weeks in a deeply thematic complex game. Although comicbook superhero drama by no means a new theme and admittedly the theme didn't deviate much beyond what would be expected, in many respects, this only served to make the game more accessible, more engaging, and more thematic. Players knew how to interact in that world and it brought the game to life in a way that made playing it everything about the community, the camaraderie, and the mystery adventure that is werewolf. Here are a few posts from players from days 5 and 6 (fully two weeks into the game):

Kortemaki wrote:
annab wrote:
trashRapid Masternuclear

tern73 wrote:
annab wrote:
trashRapid Masternuclear

tern73 wrote:
mb MULTIPLEX mb
Hi Lance.

Nice try but i can do you one better.

I am literally the full role seer.

I know who a/the neutral is, and their entire victory condition
I know who the Passive Day Priest is (you have an unaware Tinker btw)
My other views Element Man and Catfish (are dead)

Name one other role in the game that you haven't mentioned in this post.

EDIT: Fixed quote boxes.

mb MULTIPLEX mb
Sure, give me some time to sort through what has been revealed and what hasn't. I remember Catfish was a Villager. I have to check of Element Man was full revealed or not.

Can give some info about neutral victory conditions...

GOTCHA!

What I was asking about is something that the real Seer would KNOW from the start of the game. You obviously don't. Therefore, you are NOT the Seer.

[/BGCOLOR]

WOAH, NEW ISSUE OF RAPID MASTER!
HE'S SO COOL!

Rapid Master vol. D5 wrote:

THIS. IS. FANTASTIC!!!

CrimsonFox wrote:
In the distance a roar is heard. Maybe a scream. You are not sure. But a box has presented itself on the table in the living room. One with a ribbon. It isn't ticking at least. When you open it, you find a videotape and another box with a compartment. Someone uses tape still?

You play it on a contraption and it projects onto a wall. You see Howl seated. He roars and then clears his throat.

"I tire of these games too. Yes I do. So I have a new game. Called Round Dice which I got from Lance Chance. Do you know him? Well here you roll these round dice. And see if you win. Trouble is..."

With that the compartment inside the box springs open and two round "dice" pop out and roll across the floor. When they finally come to rest you see what they are...

"...they always seem to roll Snake Eyes. I think I'm mispronouncing the name of the game too. *Snarlpurr* I could play this game all day. Thanks Lance."

itsbrianyay wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:

I think Typhoon Goddess is good.
I have not yet put in the work to see how that pans out with all the claims and in light of Morph's Lass' morphing power.

tern73 wrote:
mb MULTIPLEX mb

Ok guys. Guys! Pay attention! Ok, so we need to figure this out, guys. HEY! What is wrong with you idiots?

Ok, so anyway, let's get on with it. Ideas, I need ideas! We're getting creamed out there...

/points
You! What you got? Anything?
clone: Uhhh..not much here, boss..

You're useless. YOU!
clone: /slackjawed look

Ugh...you guys are just the worst.

Next! You!
clone: ..can we get pizza after the game?

Pizza?? GAME?? When I say we're getting creamed out there, it's not like we're in the locker room at halftime of the JV basketball game. THERE IS NO PIZZA.

You know what, fine - if we win I'll buy pizza for everyone. Put your hands down you idiots YES you can have whatever toppings you want...

[vote dark smith]

As was pointed out in the Best Writing nominations linked above, the game was absolutely dripping with theme, to the extent that each role had a backstory, a flavor image, an expansive list of thematic powers, and often an integral role to play in the overarching narrative which was being episodically constructed by twomill as the game went on. For me, though, the distinguishing mark that sets this game apart from just a game with great writing or great mechanics is that the theme itself engaged so many players for such a long time. That's a truly great thematic experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the winner is...

Pokemon: Fractured Moon!

Cassy Link - Game Thread

acox89 wrote:
I'm nominating Pokemon: Fractured Moon (Cassie) for Best Theme.

This was an incredibly fun game right from the get go, and it was so well done. It still felt like Werewolf, but it was absolutely a Pokémon game.

RoyalApe wrote:
A Wild Pokemon Appears

#19 - Alolan Rattata

I thought rolling to catch wild Pokémon was a really neat mechanic. It added a bit of random chance like in the games, and gave everyone a chance to catch something so you didn't miss out just because you weren't in the thread constantly.

A fully stocked store using Pokeballs as currency was cool. And the event that allowed sending mail and trading Pokémon was really neat too.

RoyalApe wrote:
Day 2 Event!!!

Pokemon Mail

I've never seen the point of it...until now!

You can send a private mail written in Haiku to any other trainer in the game.

In order to send the message, you must attach the mail to a pokemon. This pokemon will be permanently traded to the recipient.

You also must pay postage of 7 pokeballs.

The recipient must send you a pokemon back in order for them to receive the pokemon and the message. The returning pokemon does not come with a message of its own.

Finally, you can't send your active pokemon.

So, in summary:
1. Spend 7 pokeballs
2. Write a Haiku in mod chat
3. Choose pokemon to send to a target
4. Recipient must send you a pokemon back in order to complete the message delivery. If they decline, I will refund 3 pokeballs.

Thank you!

All in all, it was an awesome game that was well balanced for such a big and unique game that saw some great play from both sides and came right down to the wire for who was going to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to all involved in these awesome games!

3rd: Video Game Gauntlet, Moderators: ljtrigirl and RoyalApe
2nd: The Shadow and the Hero, Moderator: twomillionbucks
1st: Pokemon: Fractured Moon, Moderator: RoyalApe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I've never been able to get behind python scripting, but I've also never had a need to so...

Oh and congrats to everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tern73 wrote:
I've never been able to get behind python scripting, but I've also never had a need to so...

Oh and congrats to everyone

Heh, I'm don't really know Python, it's just easy to fake, and easy to read/guess the intent for others that don't .

Apologies to any actual Python developers out there. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I talk about myself as he in the third person. This isn't a typo. =)
badge
My pronoun preferences are fairly easy going, though, and as long as you don't correct OTHER people's pronoun usage, you can call me whatever you want.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can ever have Lemon as your chill wolf buddy and magical auxes, I recommend it, it's a great experience! =)

Also, grats Royal! Your Pokemon games have basically defined theming for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BEST BUTT

YOU JUST WON BEST THEME
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Royal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
wow

Royal- This feels like that game where evil never got any votes. It just feels off. Maybe we should switch things up a bit?

Agreed, we just feel completely off. I think we need to go back to square one and reevaluate everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:

I'm now 3/3 on winning Best Theme. I guess I can list that as a skill?

Thanks so much for everybody that played!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
BEST BUTT

YOU JUST WON BEST THEME

We also placed with Smash so high five!

I think we should consider an all claim soon though. And maybe one of us can counter the other for reactions before vouching for the other?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Congrats Royal!

I'm actually more impressed with the fact that you created your OWN WORLD full of theme. Shadow and the Hero was awesome $2M!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Cox
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
Congrats Royal!

I'm actually more impressed with the fact that you created your OWN WORLD full of theme. Shadow and the Hero was awesome $2M!

It was so hard to decide between those 2 games. Shadow remains one of my favorites to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
Congrats Royal!

Lol thanks! But established multibillion dollar franchises that have been active for decades on dozens of multimedia platforms will beat my little WW forum efforts every time. laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
wow

Agreed, we just feel completely off. I think we need to go back to square one and reevaluate everybody.

Yeah. I think acox is being more mechanical/technical than I'm used to, and it's just throwing me off of everything. I don't know how to interpret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
TFang wrote:

I'm now 3/3 on winning Best Theme. I guess I can list that as a skill?

Thanks so much for everybody that played!

And I won it the year before that, so maybe we need to collaborate on an awesome one this year. whistle

But seriously, that game was amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
BEST BUTT

YOU JUST WON BEST THEME

We also placed with Smash so high five!

I think we should consider an all claim soon though. And maybe one of us can counter the other for reactions before vouching for the other?

Thoughts?

YES

It's been so long since I got into a claim war intentionally with someone that I was on the same team as. Can we pleeeease do that? Maybe we can crosspost similar claims?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Royal!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.