Subject: UKGE auction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, is there a yearly auction run for UKGE like the one done for Essen Spiel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Hi, is there a yearly auction run for UKGE like the one done for Essen Spiel?

Start your own list. I've seen math trade for it, but no official no-ship auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks, I shall do so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a bring & buy, not sure if that's similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:

tell me more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I'm work-shy, perhaps I ought to direct you to the UK Games Expo site, which has a Bring and Buy link in it that does a much better job of explaining than I could.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bringandbuy.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Brice
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there was a no ship math trade last year and a bring and buy at the expo.

the math trade hasn't started as yet that I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bring and buy is fantastic if you want to sell a lot of stuff too. Just got to carry it all in once and get money at the end - I'm going to avoid the math trade/direct sales this year to save on time wasted looking for people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No-ship maths trade, Bring and Buy and also, just list the games you want to sell with prices and see who'll GM you with offers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Earlybath wrote:

tell me more...

I wonder if ex Rahdo games would marked out? Do you think people would pay more for a ex Rahdo game, especially if it was signed? I know I would.

Rahdo do you a list/idea of what you would be taking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uksweeney wrote:
I wonder if ex Rahdo games would marked out? Do you think people would pay more for a ex Rahdo game, especially if it was signed? I know I would.

Would that be because you'd know the 3rd and 4th player tokens would be in pristine condition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
The bring and buy is fantastic if you want to sell a lot of stuff too. Just got to carry it all in once and get money at the end - I'm going to avoid the math trade/direct sales this year to save on time wasted looking for people.

The other lovely thing about the Bring and Buy, is that the 10% cut they take all goes to charity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:
Uksweeney wrote:

Would that be because you'd know the 3rd and 4th player tokens would be in pristine condition?

Haha. Love it. Rahdo effort and prefect 3 player plus meeples

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:

All the cons I go to have a math trade table you leave to target's name on it, and they pick it up and drop their's off. No stealing at my cons though, so I can see a problem unless some security is applied, or a separate room that is monitored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 'Official' UK Games Expo 2018 No Ship Maths Trade has just launched:

Find the geeklist here: UK Games Expo 2018 No Ship Maths Trade List

Dates (all times in BST):
Submissions Open: Friday 27th April 2018 12:00
Submissions Close: Wednesday 16th May 2018 23:00
Want Lists Submission Open: Wednesday 16th May 2018 23:01
Want Lists Close: Tuesday 22nd May 2018 22:00
Results should be posted on Wednesday 23rd May 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uksweeney wrote:
Rahdo do you a list/idea of what you would be taking?

Sorry, I didn't see this question! Here's a list:
http://4sale.rahdo.com

Smoothsmith wrote:

hmm, okay so i like the idea of doing the B&B mostly for the charity aspect, but otoh if I carry these games up to the midlands, I want to be sure I'm not bringing them back down. I've checked out the page and it doesn't say anything about being able to adjust prices on the last day, or fire sales in the final hour, or anything like that. Does anything like this exist?

Also, if anyone's used the online catalog system, can you tell me what I'm supposed to put in the comments section? Is this going to get printed out on the sticker that goes on the box? Or is there an online database people can check before the show starts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benji
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the threadjack, have launched No ship UK Game Expo 2018 auction .
I hope I will be able to meet Richard at the UKGE for a selfie ! thanks for the amazing gaming content you produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sweeney
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxdrawdown wrote:
I hope I will be able to meet Richard at the UKGE for a selfie ! thanks for the amazing gaming content you produce.

After see this and there is a maths trade, wonder why people are using these methods when there is a bring and buy? As this is my first I won’t know.
Is the bring and buy rubbish? Ie not used by many people, so leaving little choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Edwards
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The UKGE bring & buy sees a lot of footfall. The queues to browse and to drop off games can get pretty long at peak times. Games priced well will fly off the shelves, but you'll see a lot of titles priced close to or even exceeding what they can be bought for new, so it can be a bit of a mission to find a real bargain.

Because prices are stuck to the boxes with labels there is no way to reprice things, which means you might not sell everything if nobody wants something for the price you set when you logged the item in. If everything must go, you might be better off auctioning or trading the games instead. Games unsold by the end of the Expo have to be collected or I think they end up being donated to charity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxdrawdown wrote:

No threadjack at all, it's the whole point of the thread!

revlob wrote:
The UKGE bring & buy sees a lot of footfall. The queues to browse and to drop off games can get pretty long at peak times. Games priced well will fly off the shelves, but you'll see a lot of titles priced close to or even exceeding what they can be bought for new, so it can be a bit of a mission to find a real bargain.

Because prices are stuck to the boxes with labels there is no way to reprice things, which means you might not sell everything if nobody wants something for the price you set when you logged the item in. If everything must go, you might be better off auctioning or trading the games instead. Games unsold by the end of the Expo have to be collected or I think they end up being donated to charity.

Thanks for the extra details!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revlob wrote:

Unless things have changed this year, this is not true.

We've often reduced our prices on the last day to ensure they sell (last year we sold all 15 games we brought, some years, even with a price reduction we've had to take away one or two, but still sold 90% of them at prices I was happy with).

I can't remember what the process for price changes was last year though.

At one point (maybe two years ago) you physically found where your game was and altered the price label by hand, having logged the price change on the system, but maybe last year you just got a new ticket to stick over the old one.

Either way we've been altering prices on unsold items, on the last day, for multiple years, and it's all gone fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:

but maybe last year you just got a new ticket to stick over the old one.

I seem to remember this being the case last year, we reduced a few items on the last day just to ensure they sold. So I would advise pricing things cheaply if you just want rid of them but, provided things are the same as the last two years, if you’re able to find your games you can adjust the prices whenever you feel like it - it can just be a bit of a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this year, for the first time, I'll have a go at putting some items up on the Bring and Buy. Does anyone have suggestions on how to price games?

I was thinking of using the geek market price history as a guide, ruling out obvious peaks from when games were out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon K
Poland
Warszawa (Warsaw)
flag msg tools
Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Then always be Batman.
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that
benji
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just opened his No ship UK Game Expo 2018 auction for other sellers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Laing
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I use https://boardgameprices.co.uk/ to get a rough idea on current prices. I then try and take 10 - 15 % off that price so it will hopefully sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.