Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trap doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M

California
msg tools
Trap doors are where cultists spawn.
Can I blow up a trapdoor so that no cultists spawn at that trap door?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
north00001 wrote:
Trap doors are where cultists spawn.
Can I blow up a trapdoor so that no cultists spawn at that trap door?

Hi tony,

As you've likely noticed Nests (the insectoid spawn points) are miniatures and can be broken, where as trapdoors are printed on the map. There is a reason for this - reason is that those behave differently.

Trapdoors cannot be broken, but CAN be blocked. If every single square around a trapdoor is filled with a wall or miniature, no more spawning from that point until the situation is "fixed". This is possible, but somewhat untypical situation.

Trapdoors are also always placed in same place in maps (as those are printed) and Nests move based on scenario. This is intentional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M

California
msg tools
Thanks Timo, I thought I found the holy grail to stopping the spawning of cultists but you and your team foresaw this and made trap doors special. Good job, bad news for us as cultists are going to keep coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
north00001 wrote:
Thanks Timo, I thought I found the holy grail to stopping the spawning of cultists but you and your team foresaw this and made trap doors special. Good job, bad news for us as cultists are going to keep coming.

Yep. If trapdoors would be breakable, it would often also break the scenarios.

But every scenario can be won without the need to break the trapdoors. You just need to consider other strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was allowed to break the trap door, it would be too easy to win the scenarios in the current state. And if it was easy, you would not be happy when you manage to beat the level laugh

Even destroying nests is penalized by the threat level increase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.