Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Necropolis and Crypt, would you get 2 Mana per Warrior (or 1 per Serf) or just 2 (or 1) total regardless of how many were killed.

For example, if I have a Level 2 Necropolis and lose 2 Warrior in battle, would I get 4 Mana or 2?

Corollary question: Does a sacrifice count as a Loss in Battle for this purpose?

For example, I attack with 2 Warriors, I sacrifice 1 and win the battle. Do I still receive the 2 Mana (I did lose a Warrior in a battle)?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
On the second part, sacrifices are indeed battle losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well given how literally (and powerfully) everything else has been ruled, I am going go with gaining the Mana for each Warrior/Serf lost and regardless of whether they were sacrificed or otherwise killed in the battle.

If so, that let's you 'double-dip' with your units and Sacrifice them to save on costs and then get the Mana in addition...

Seems too good to be true but until/unless I see something contrary, this seems to be the literal interpretation....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hancoski
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not seeing how you are double dipping

In order to sacrifice a unit you must be paying for a tactics card, and then you gain at max 2 per Warrior you sacrificed.

It almost sounds like you are sacrificing a unit and then counting that unit killed in battle a second time.

for example if you have 3 warriors and no mana you could play charge sacrificing all you warriors and getting 6 mana on your track or what ever

You could not sacrifice those warriors and then count any of them killed additionally during battle

it is powerful for sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikehancoski wrote:

You could not sacrifice those warriors and then count any of them killed additionally during battle

This seems to directly contradict Ivan's answer above, hence the confusion.

If it DOES count as a 'battle loss' then you are indeed double-dipping. You are getting the credit for the sacrifice and then still getting the 'bonus' at the end for the battle loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hancoski
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ below - it is a work in progress

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G0TNoT9-VE6VJQcd9y9H0_Ce...

The sacrificed units trigger abilities that require them to die in battle

12: Do units that are sacrificed in battle count as 'units destroyed in battle' for purposes of triggering abilities?
Yes, they do.

they can not be given wounds

13. Can Sacrificed Units Be Chosen To Take Wounds?
No

However the undead Require kills for some abilities if your opponent sacrifices there units you did not "kill" those units, they did however die in battle.

4: The Undead comes to attack my Lizardfolk and in the end I won the battle but sacrificed two troops to gain the resources needed to play my tactics cards; it was disputed what "kill" entails when it comes to the Undeads abilities to gain things in battle. Because the Undead started the battle did the resulting sacrifice count as kills for the Undead?
The ability in question calls for the undead to KILL the unit. In the example given, the Lizardfolk are who killed the unit. So it would not reward the Undead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but the ability I was referencing isn't predicated on how the unit dies.

Necropolis: Level 2 - If you lose a Warrior in Battle, gain 2 Mana.

From my reading of the FAQ, it would appear that sacrificing the Warrior generates the 2 resources to pay for a Tactic and then after the battle, you'll get your 2 mana. If you sacrificed 2 Warriors, you'll get 4 resource to pay for Tactics and get 4 Mana after that battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.