David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently started using tags here on BGG. Don't ask me why I avoided this windfall of awesome until now. I don't have a good answer. Nevertheless, I'm using it now and enjoying it for it's ability to filter and organize my collection.

I'd love to be able to use tags when viewing my collection. My first request would be to simply add "Tags" as a Column option. After that, I'd love to be able to have all of my tags available under the Filters options.

Thanks for considering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

It's not very obvious how to add tags, and it's held me back to use them.

In constrast: it's very easy to declare yourself a fan of a game, but I've no idea what purpose that serves. I've searched the wiki but there's no entry for 'Fan', which suggests there isn't much purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the "wishlist comment" field to put "tag" for some of my games.

This way, when I'm in my collection view, I can search my tag by changing the search "Title" for "Wishlit comment", and I can filter my games.

Not perfect, but better than nothing.

Hope that it could help in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a creative solution. I can see that being an adequate work around.

However, I hope to not have to take such measures. I'm simply asking BGG to use a feature they already have implemented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.