Subject: Play-Agricola Revised Ed. Tournament Finals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lumin Sperling

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey BGG folks,

The final round of Play-Agricola's revised edition tournament starts tomorrow, April 10! We will be playing the first game at 1800GMT (2000 CEST, 1100PDT.) I was fortunate enough to make the finals, and will be playing against official 2017 World Champion Sebosch, along with BeeTeTe and Erpelboer.

We are playing with all published (non-promo) cards for the Revised Edition, AND ALSO with the playtest version of the Bubulcus deck scheduled for release later this year.

For those interested, I will be streaming from my POV at twitch.tv/lumin_s, and posting to Youtube afterwards.

-Lumin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Congratulations and happy farming!

I cannot watch live, so please post the YouTube link later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumin Sperling

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
cjfoster wrote:
please post the YouTube link

https://youtu.be/G80YC4PXmdA

Done

Game 2 of 3 is currently scheduled for 4/22 at 1500GMT [edit - 1400GMT.] Same deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahle
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thank you for sharing Lumin. It was very interesting to hear your thoughts both during draft and game play. Great learning experience to develop my own game.

It is easy to comment in hindsight but during the draft I would have been very tempted to go for Hard Porcelain as your second minor in the draft (instead of Ceilings). The synergy with collier would play you right into major improvements as Joinary, Pottery and Basketmakers Workshop for main feeding source (and give you a shot at the Well).

Otherwise when trying to get good value out of Collier you might end up with just stockpiling clay for many rounds until you can put it to good use.

Looking forward to seeing the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumin Sperling

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you found the game interesting. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's something you think I can do better with my future videos.

Regarding Hard Porcelain - I think you make an excellent point about using the resource majors as a key part of a feeding engine. I don't remember this even occurring to me as an idea in the game shake and I will definitely keep it in mind from now on. I even made a comment or two about how resource-heavy this game was going to be! Thanks for connecting those dots.

While the synergy of Hard Porcelain would be great and have a lot of utility in my specific case, Ceilings is just such a powerful card. In the small sample of statistics we have on the site, it's the 10th best minor in the entire set of about 250 minors that could have been dealt. Furthermore, I think there was a reasonable chance that Hard Porcelain could have come back around. It turns out that Sebosch took it right in front of me with his 5th pick, so I didn't have a chance at it 6th. With 20/20 hindsight, would Hard Porcelain be more useful? Probably! But IMHO Ceilings is the right pick there against Porcelain 10 times out of 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumin Sperling

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
For those interested, Game 2 will be live shortly at https://youtu.be/DhIDoW3BCpY

@Steeleback - I got a couple resource majors this time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumin Sperling

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
The final game! https://youtu.be/ll1-iamHT78
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deotte
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Final standings:
1st place: BeeTeTe (13) (138)
2nd place: Lumin (11) (140)
3rd place: Sebosch (9) (132)
4th place: Erpelboer (6) (135)

Links to game records:
[Game 3]: 4-29-18) TOURNEY 4-ER^ : Final Score is Lumin 56, Erpelboer 51, BeeTeTe 44, Sebosch 42
[Game 2]: 4-22-18) TOURNEY 4-ER^ : Final Score is BeeTeTe 48, Erpelboer 41, Lumin 44, Sebosch 42
[Game 1]: 4-10-18) TOURNEY 4-ER^ : Final Score is Lumin 40, BeeTeTe 46, Erpelboer 43, Sebosch 48

Links to video commentaries:
[Game 3] by Lumin, [Game 2] by Lumin[Game 1] by Lumin, [Game 1] by MaruskaK and Touldin

Great playing everyone!! Congrats BeeTeTe, Lumin, Sebosch, and Erpelboer!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.