Hide
3 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Curious rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Peck
msg tools
why are the miniatures numbered the way they are??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean underneath the bases? If so, I’ve always assumed that was simply for manufacturing and assembly, to allow easier tracking and confirmation of what is being made and packed. As obvious as one figure may seem compared to another to you, a Chinese factory worker probably doesn’t care about the visual design distinctions. The numbers would enable faster and more accurate product assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think max is right
Easier for workers easier to describe a piece (that homeless looking feller with the bag, not the sign one, yep lots of tentacles OR figure #22). Could also sharpie on your trays to know which number where. This is how I assumed the Chinese Packers worked too - make this tray match these numbers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.