Popular Tags: OP_deleted [+] [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldn’t you expect customer service to fix this? Did they say so?

(I don’t have means for a scan of much quality, or I’d send you one, but I think you should get the piece you paid for...and I would be surprised if it’s a problem when you ask.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riff Conner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For real, just send em a photo of two Sky Reefs and they'll hook you up. Probably even without photo evidence they would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3rding the "just reach out to customer service".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
repechague wrote:
Hello Kingdom Death Monster community! I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am looking for a high-resolution scan of the Gormery (posted, linked to, etc, etc).

The gist is I got the Gorm expansion a year+ ago and have put some of the models together, but - due to the happenings of life - haven't incorporated it into a campaign yet. I recently received my Sunstalker expansion through the currently delivered wave of expansions. While adding things to my collection, I realized I now have two copies of Sky Reef Sanctuary and no Gormery. With some frantic searching around, I've come to the conclusion that my Gorm expansion was mispackaged with a Sky Reef Sanctuary and no Gormery settlement location.

At this point, I don't see Poots and co. fixing things, so I figured I could print out a Gormery image and tape/glue it to one of the Sky Reef Sanctuary cards. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

You might find something interesting on the illustrator's behance
https://www.behance.net/NatKay

Edit : arf sorry. Thought you were just looking for the illustration ^^Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Nobody is trying to be a dick, OP, they're just trying to respect the copyright issues, particularly since KD is not a cheap investment and it's a boutique game from a small team.

With a boutique operation there's bound to be a few hiccups. I had to wait 2 months to play my Sunstalker after receiving it with damaged HL cards.
Some people get replacements ASAP.

I'm not a fan of their customer service but it's part of the deal with boutique games. Nobody is likely going to send you a scan.

Their customer service may be terrible at times but you'll definitely get what you paid for, just send them a pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
hwknight wrote:
Nobody is trying to be a dick, OP, they're just trying to respect the copyright issues, particularly since KD is not a cheap investment and it's a boutique game from a small team.

Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta? XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boutique operation from a small team should not make literally the most expensive board game in the world if they are:
- sloppy enough to mispack the whole content
- or have no quality control supervising damaged cards and goods.

Defending these accidents with limitless patience while other companies would be ruthlessly roasted here on bgg is beyond me. Oh , and add to this a sudden bloom of passion on bgg for assembling models. Fanboism truly is a sign of our times. The bigger amount of money spent, the sunk cost fallacy will make us defend anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:
boutique operation from a small team should not make literally the most expensive board game in the world if they are:

Defending these accidents with limitless patience while other companies would be ruthlessly roasted here on bgg is beyond me. Oh , and add to this a sudden bloom of passion on bgg for assembling models. Fanboism truly is a sign of our times. The bigger amount of money spent, the sunk cost fallacy will make us defend anything.

That was... unexpected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
Turn the right corner in Sin City...
badge
...and you can find anything.
mbmbmbmbmb
dorelas wrote:

Well, I somehow give him the point that the KD:M community tends to excuse more here than with any other boardgame but still I think that this reaction is a bit too harsh since the community acts like this out of respect for the ip and its creator...

...and if that doesn't count then there is still the copyright we all have to consider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How to not be a fan boy:

Step 1) do not recommend the use of customer service departments.
Step 2) assemble your miniatures, but do not enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Penderville
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dorelas wrote:

On the contrary, I would expect a small team of people to be more liable to human errors ... but would *hope* that they would fix those errors with a personal touch. ...which as far as I can tell, they do; individually responding to every possible support query. It inspires confidence that even when they make mistakes, they'll do what they need to set things right.

</serious comment>

...did you seriously just deride a fandom for being respectful to content creators??? What salt mine did you crawl out of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Silveira
Brazil
Ribeirão Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Low quality bait.

Let's stop feeding the troll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
laucion wrote:
Low quality bait.

Yeah, I don't know why this guy is still posting on the forums of a game that seems to make him so feisty, but it's not really worth engaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThunderGuppy wrote:
...did you seriously just deride a fandom for being respectful to content creators?
You're not a real fan unless you hate the creator, man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Penderville
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
ThunderGuppy wrote:
...did you seriously just deride a fandom for being respectful to content creators?

Curses! Once again, my ability to fit in and be cool is spoiled by my crippling ability to just enjoy things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Church

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
ThunderGuppy wrote:

That's life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder: Antagonistic, hateful, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.