Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you still score 2nd place in a 2-player game? (provided at least 1 ICBM is present)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Brookville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think so. The only difference I see in 2-player rules is with the third-world nation track. Provided you have one, you should get second place scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned the game as a 2P game. We both had the same number of ICBM (my opponent triggered the score RIGHT before I was going to add to mine) but we would've played 1st and 2nd place scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Brookville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
I learned the game as a 2P game. We both had the same number of ICBM (my opponent triggered the score RIGHT before I was going to add to mine) but we would've played 1st and 2nd place scoring.

If you had the same why (and how did you decide who gets what) did you play 1st and 2nd place scoring?

Nevermind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, both 1st and 2nd place are scored for ICBMs in a 2 player game. No change to the core rules there.

Reminder: ties for ICBMs are friendly. So if you and your opponent have the same number of ICBMs (number of nukes on your silos) then you both get the 7 pt bonus.

Reminder: score the number of nukes on your ICBM Silos, not the silos themselves. The silos (buildings) themselves produce no points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! It says score the ICBMs, not the silos (and the rules are pretty good at yelling at you for having empty silos), so that didn’t trip us up. I could see where maybe it could cause confusion since they are called “Nukes” everywhere else, though.

The rules are very well written in general, actually (only minor quibble is the line about the “free" Construction space, posted elsewhere here).

Good stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.