Ben
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FYI
The german card of Björn Ironside say „Lande an einer beliebigen Küste“, the english card say „Invade North Sea coast“. This error have a massiv impact to the game and make the vikings even stronger. In the rules is Ironside named as example on page 11 (german rule book), shown the wrong card, but say North Sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paeuser
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, thank you very much for this information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is one more issue with the german translation of the game. The event cards says "Kampfphase" or "Bewegungsphase" but they aren't limted to the battle or movement phase, they are also playable in the leader phase. Admittedly, it's correct ruled in the german rule book (page 10), but the wording on the cards is ambiguous.

Maybe this is the balancing for the misprint of Björn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bumayeo3o wrote:
There is one more issue with the german translation of the game. The event cards says "Kampfphase" or "Bewegungsphase" but they aren't limted to the battle or movement phase, they are also playable in the leader phase. Admittedly, it's correct ruled in the german rule book (page 10), but the wording on the cards is ambiguous.

Maybe this is the balancing for the misprint of Björn

The wording on the English cards is the same, and the same clarification is in the English rules. I think it’s more a question of room on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I don‘t know. I just check the online rules (v44) and the wording on the shown cards in the clarification chapter was without „phase“.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bumayeo3o wrote:
Ok, I don‘t know. I just check the online rules (v44) and the wording on the shown cards in the clarification chapter was without „phase“.

I probably forgot, then. I didn't have the cards handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
bumayeo3o wrote:
The german card of Björn Ironside say „Lande an einer beliebigen Küste“, the english card say „Invade North Sea coast“. This error have a massiv impact to the game and make the vikings even stronger. In the rules is Ironside named as example on page 11 (german rule book), shown the wrong card, but say North Sea.

Ah, that misprint stumped us for a bit in yesterday's first game. But we decided on the correct interpretation in the end. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.