Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures due to lack of space: www.ebay.co.uk/usr/medieval_fantasy
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us have watched already a little bit of DBZ (Gohan, Raditz, turtle and Kame House, around 1:20:00) at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGyl1ojBK3I&t=4s

The map in the video is the same at:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4075388/dragon-ball-z-miniat...
Where also Goku, Vegeta and Crillin are showed.

So, even just for fun, maybe we could start already discussing which character we would like to see.

From my side, I will use as reference the miniature counting for Street Fighter Miniatures Game (15 from the original videogame, about 4 for expansion plus boss sets). I definitely prefer the manga over the anime, so I use it as reference.

I would be glad if you could share also your opinions and preferences.

Main set (about 15 figures)
Must (9): Goku (normal, Super Sayan), Vegeta (normal, Super Sayan), Crillin, Piccolo, Gohan (young no Super Sayan, adult no Super Sayan), Super Sayan Future Trunks

Optional (possible Stretch Goals): young Gohan Super Sayan (if not in Androids group),Goku Super Sayan III (if not in Majin Bu group), Tian.

Boss expansions
- Freeza/Freezer. Must: final form.
Optional: initial form.

- Cell. Must: Cell final form.
Optional: original Cell, Cell after adsorbing android 17

- Majin Buu. Must: Buu and Majin Buu (after absorbing Buu).
Optional: Majin Buu original form, Majin Buu after absorbing Gohan (if not already in Majin Buu group).

Groups expansions (about 4 figures per box like in SF)
- Sayan. Must: none.
Optional: Raditz, Nappa, Saibaman, Yamcha, Jazu

- Freeza/Freezer. Must: captain Ginyu.
Optional: Zarbon, Dodoria, other members of Ginyu Force ?

- Androids. Must: young Gohan Super Sayan (if not already in SG),16, 17, 18.
Optional: Gohan without an arm, 20, 19.

- Majin Buu. Must: Goku Super Sayan III (if not in the SG), Vegetto, Gotenks Super Sayan 3.
Optional: Darbula, Majin Buu after absorbing Gohan.

What's about the Stretch Goals ?
II have decided to limit the main set to only 11 figures since this number (plus the boss Bison) include all the characters in the original videogame SF2. II thinks that's a quite conservative and reasonable estimation for the main characters. As in SF I expect some of them to be SG.

Still the campaign could be quite successful, and we could end up with about 40 characters (or more). In that case my preferences for the Stretch Goals wwould go in order:
- first the "optional" figures in the main set
- then the "must" figures in the expansion (or boss sets if possible).
- last the remaining "optional" figures.

About the groups expansions
Comparing to SF, I think there are some characters which somehow participate to the fights (and not so much) only in one specific saga and then they (almost) disappear from the next fights. Thus, following a similar approach to SF, I thought to put these characters in (sagas) groups expansions while keeping the main bosses in separate expansions. It is debatable of course, but that’s the reason why for example you see Yamcha and 17 in the groups expansions (of course I didn’t consider Dragon Ball Super) while Future Trunks, for his importance during the androids group (and killing Freeza), managed to get into the stretch goals.

About the power versions for each character
For me one of the tricky issue is to deal with all the different power versions for each character, and it not so easy to choose only the most representative ones. I ended up with more than one version for some characters.

Maybe some of you would be fine with not having the super sayan versions while, since I prefer the story from Freezer saga (plus the first fight against Vegeta of course), I would prefer to have them. Maybe Jasco Games could do a separate pack just for it?

In that sense I would be even fine with having exchangeable heads for some characters (to save some choices) but I can understand that would be an heresy for many collectors of miniatures.yuk

Thanks in advance for getting involved into the discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering about this, too. My guess/hope is something like this:

Core (6)

Goku
Vegetta
Picollo
Krillin
Future Trunks
Young Gohan

Bosses: (I'll make it 3 instead of 2)

Freeza
Cell
Boo
(hopefully they'd include a boss version for Vegetta, too)

Stretch Goals (12)

Yamcha
Tien Shinhan
Taozu
Raditz
Nappa
SS Goku
SS Vegetta
SS Future Trunks
SS Gohan
(different forms of the bosses)

Expansions:

1) Ginyu Force
2) Humans - Mastor Roshi, Bulma, Launch, Yajirobe
3) Young versions - Kid Goku, kid Krillin, young Yamcha, young Bulma
4) Androids

One thing I'm really hoping, is that one of the maps is of the tournament:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
My hopes for the kickstarter:
Core Box-Vs Ginyu Force
Vegetta(namekian armor)
Kid Gohan(Picollo clothes)
Krillin(orange gi)
Goku
Capt Ginyu
Jeese
Butta
Racoome
Gurd

Boss Pack-Freeza Showdown
Feeza- final form
Super Saiyan Goku

Stretch Goals-
Picollo(cape/hat)
Raditz
Nappa
Vegetta(saiyan armor)
Goku(kaiyo ken)
Yamcha
Tien
Choatzu
Yajarobi
Saibaman

I feel this would be a good start. So anyone could re-fight all the big battles from the first 2 sagas. And let's be honest, those are the ones that are the most beloved(more than just saiyans fighting).

For expansions/add-ons:
Android Box-
Perfect Cell

Namek Battles-
Kiwi
Zarbon
Dodoria
Capt Goku/Ginyu

Last of the Saiyans-
Trunks
Super Saiyan Trunks(future Trunks)
Super Saiyan Vegetta(android saga armor)
Super Saiyan Gohan(Cell Games)

After that I don't know. There could be, like, 10 more add on packs at least, if they went with 4 models each. The movies and different transformations.shake I want to be able to afford this whole thing so I'd like if they kept it semi-reasonable.blush

As far as power levels go, I think just having a few extra cards to swap out could do for most of that. Like Krillin against Vegetta and Krillin on Namek aren't a huge difference. Just swap out a few cards. Voila! Picollo could maybe have 2 separate decks, 1 for Saiyan saga, 1 for Namek saga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
Selling Games Workshop miniatures due to lack of space: www.ebay.co.uk/usr/medieval_fantasy
mbmbmbmbmb
number_eight wrote:

Core (6)
Goku
Vegetta
Picollo
Krillin
Future Trunks
Young Gohan

Cool, we wish for the same characters.

number_eight wrote:

Bosses:
Freeza
Cell
Boo
(hopefully they'd include a boss version for Vegetta, too)

I was also thinking they should give to Vegeta another dedicated deck as boss.

number_eight wrote:

Stretch Goals (12)
Yamcha
Tien Shinhan
Taozu
Raditz
Nappa
SS Goku
SS Vegetta
SS Future Trunks
SS Gohan
(different forms of the bosses)

As suggested I would prefer not so important characters and bosses to be in a separate expansions. Yamcha has really a minor role in DBZ manga, only an honorable death as Chaozu at the start.

number_eight wrote:

Expansions:

1) Ginyu Force
2) Humans - Mastor Roshi, Bulma, Launch, Yajirobe
3) Young versions - Kid Goku, kid Krillin, young Yamcha, young Bulma
4) Androids

Interesting suggestions (2) and (3), hopefully they won't take the space of the main DBZ fighters.

number_eight wrote:

One thing I'm really hoping, is that one of the maps is of the tournament:

I am quite sure they will include it, even if the two tournaments in DBZ manga were somehow stopped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeromaker wrote:
My hopes for the kickstarter:
Core Box-Vs Ginyu Force

I suppose you are a big fan of the Ginyu Force. Personally I don't think they deserve to be in the core box more than other characters.

As far as I remember Goku and Vegeta together got rid of them quite easily (after Vegeta power up).

zeromaker wrote:

I feel this would be a good start. So anyone could re-fight all the big battles from the first 2 sagas. And let's be honest, those are the ones that are the most beloved(more than just saiyans fighting).

I agree that the (long) Freezer sagas group may have a better story then the Majin Bu saga, but I really like the twists (e.g. present vs future) in the Androids sagas group.

And, despite the fact that Freezer sagas have so many characters (cocky minions?), I probably enjoy more the fights in the Androids sagas. Due to Cell different power ups, many characters had the chance, more or less, to have a good and close fight against the boss.

zeromaker wrote:

As far as power levels go, I think just having a few extra cards to swap out could do for most of that. Like Krillin against Vegetta and Krillin on Namek aren't a huge difference. Just swap out a few cards. Voila! Picollo could maybe have 2 separate decks, 1 for Saiyan saga, 1 for Namek saga.

I think it is quite difficult to keep the game balanced while taking into account the different levels of strenght. It is probably better to make all the characters more or less equal in term of strenght (like in the videogames) and leave to the gamers the choice to arrange good (thematic) matchups.

However I like the idea of having some additional cards to give a booster to some characters to represent the clear advantage they had in some fights. Like the initial (quite big) advantage Gohan had when he fought Cell (before his explosion and power up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I could see Yamcha being an add-on. He really got phased out of the show. Same with Chiaotzu. (I'm never sure how the names are spelled -- I grew up watching this in Spanish and now I see all kinds of English variants.)

I've always liked the original Dragon Ball more than Z, so that's why I'm hoping they have add-ons for some of the "classic" characters/looks. Roshi, Bulma, and Yamcha would be higher priority for me than Launch or Yajirobe, but those would be fun, too. Maybe even Mr. Satan would be a good one -- maybe with some comic relief in his player deck.

Goku and Krillin (and Bulma and Roshi) were always my favorite characters. My favorites in Z were future Trunks with the sword, Piccolo, and young Gohan dressed like Piccolo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
My absolute must have 4 characters:

Zarbon, Captain Ginyu, Spice, and Dabura.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
My absolute must have 4 characters:
... Spice ...

I really hope characters which are only in the films (but also only in the anime), and not in the original manga, will not be included.

Jasco Games had already an hard time to select the characters from SF (and some backers are already asking for a KS reprint with the missing ones).

If they start including characters from the films by excluding the main ones, I think they would disappoint a lot of people.

It's Dragon Ball Z, but I would still expect the final number of figures not too bigger than the ones in SF. For SF maybe there will be maximum 48 characters in the end, 18 from the addons and about 30 from the core set plus stretch goals. But this is a very rough and optimistic assumption since I don t know how much Jasco Games will increase the step between each Stretch Goal.

About 40 figures seem a lot but, if you start to include characters from the movies (and the anime), it is quite easy to fill it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayne Hunsaker
msg tools
If they do the Ginyu Force I hope they do it like FighterZ and have all of them as one character

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaede Farenheit
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope to get the Z fighters + 3 main bosses.

CORE:

GOKU
TEEN GOHAN
ADULT GOHAN
KRILLIN
YAMCHA
TIEN
VEGETA
PICCOLO
GOTEN
KID TRUNKS

BOSS:

FRIEZA
CELL
KID BU

Then packs can be adjusted:

SAIYAN PACK:

NAPPA
RADITZ
BARDOCK
BROLY

ANDROID SAGA PACK:

A18
A17
A16
FUTURE TRUNKS

NAMEK SAGA PACK:

ZARBON
DODORIA
GINYU
KID GOHAN

BUU SAGA PACK:

GOTENKS
SUPER BU
MAJIN BU
HERCULE

KID GOKU SAGA:

KID GOKU
TAO PAI PAI
KID KRILLIN
MUTENROSHI

Ok, probably lots of packs would be possible, but first I'd like to know how they'll manage transformations.

I hope this game ends up having its own SPECIFIC rules, not used when choosing a crossover fight, but I think some rules to protray dragon ball better would be outstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Blackford
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't have both Krillin and Yamcha, one of those losers has got to go and it's probably not gonna be Krillin...

I don't really want two core Gohans either but now that we have Evil Ryu I guess there's precedent cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.