Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if there’s been progress on the expansion for this game? Is it still being worked on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about the RPG that’s just wrapping up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

It was mentioned that the RPG helped create the needed artwork for the upcoming expansion to Venom Assault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

What RPG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
typo360 wrote:

What RPG?

It's called Freedom Squadron - A Savage Worlds Setting. It just ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Freedom Squadron Plans & Operations Manual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
quick update on things as they stand right now! For those who didn't know we did indeed license out VENOM Assault for an RPG to be created on it. That is now ended but it you still want in you can get in a late pledge.

Now onto the Expansion for the board game - part of the KS for the RPG was meant to help us get the money to front load art to cut down time on the expansion. It didn't quiet reach there, the Friends and Foes books which didn't unlock was where most of that would have been paid for. In the end we did still get some return and will be putting to the expansion. There is currently talk with Evil Beagle about doing a 2nd KS because not everything unlocked they wanted to get out. There is also background chatter on other possibilities (they love the game as much you and I do) so don't worry yet.

I know not really the answer people were hoping for I am sure, but rest assured it is there. In fact we are creating new missions for it now along with a slew of new cards (at last count the expansion before any stretch goals will add about 200 cards to the game and 5 new missions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Galeziewski
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would love an expansion for this game! It is my friends and mine favorite deckbuilder, and I look forward to anything that gets released for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep an eye out here and on our Facebook page for some sneak peeks. We will becrleseing some previews this month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to put this out there. If you do another KS please consider having the original as an add-on or a all in pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be doing a KS for the expansion and part if it will be a pledge level that allows this. Many people missed out the first time and we want to make sure they can get the base game as well. It helps we will be fulfilling from the same warehouse so shipping both to a person won't break the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on the April 12th 2018 Freedom Squadron RPG Kickstarter Update #39, which said that there were very few copies left of Venom Assault, I figured I'd pull the trigger and buy my copy.

I do hope I made the right decision to buy now and that the colour matching of the card backs with the upcoming expansion will be good. I'm looking forward to playing Venom Assault soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call on getting a copy now. We will have an option for bundling but it will be limited based on success if the expansion. We are using the same printer so all colors match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spyglassgames wrote:
quick update on things as they stand right now! For those who didn't know we did indeed license out VENOM Assault for an RPG to be created on it. That is now ended but it you still want in you can get in a late pledge.

Now onto the Expansion for the board game - part of the KS for the RPG was meant to help us get the money to front load art to cut down time on the expansion. It didn't quiet reach there, the Friends and Foes books which didn't unlock was where most of that would have been paid for. In the end we did still get some return and will be putting to the expansion. There is currently talk with Evil Beagle about doing a 2nd KS because not everything unlocked they wanted to get out. There is also background chatter on other possibilities (they love the game as much you and I do) so don't worry yet.

I know not really the answer people were hoping for I am sure, but rest assured it is there. In fact we are creating new missions for it now along with a slew of new cards (at last count the expansion before any stretch goals will add about 200 cards to the game and 5 new missions)

How did I miss the RPG for this? My character even made the kickstarter page so I'm assuming it made the RPG. Is the late pledge still a thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The RPG is open for late pledges till May 10th when we shut it down. If you go to the below link and click on Late pledge you can sign in and get the books. Be aware that we will be doing a 2nd one down the road to add more books and content to the the line. We are planning things like adventure paths, a book of lairs, etc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supermouse/freedom-squa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.