7 Posts

The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running out of ether rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caulet jocelyn
msg tools
Hi everyone, i couldn't find the awnser anywhere :

What happen if a Gent has no more ether and an effect (like a chaos card) make you lost some ether ?

A) nothing since you don't have any ether to loose

B) you loose life equivalent to the ether you must loose

when we play the first mission yesterday with my wife she was for B and me for A (which is normal since she was the nemesis ^^ )

Do we apply the rule for daze ?
Daze: If this Attack deals at least 1 Damage to the target, they lose 1 Ether per Daze icon. For each Ether they must lose and don't have, they suffer 1 Damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Pfeifer
Germany
flag msg tools
The way we play it, apart from Daze, is that nothing happens if you lose ether you don't have anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronaldo Fatecha
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bitpicker wrote:
The way we play it, apart from Daze, is that nothing happens if you lose ether you don't have anymore.

If there is no rule/errata in contrary, I would go with that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caulet jocelyn
msg tools
Ok thanks for your point of view,

without any specific rule about it i think we'll go like Daze for every effect that make you go below 0 ether, it feel more thematic this way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mark
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Bitpicker wrote:

This.

If that gent doesn't have any ether left, just don't play that chaos card then. Or choose another gent to use it on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mark
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Khanafallen wrote:
Ok thanks for your point of view,

without any specific rule about it i think we'll go like Daze for every effect that make you go below 0 ether, it feel more thematic this way

Daze is a special effect for a reason. What you're ruling here is dangerous.

Not every chaos card, item, agent, gentleman, minion, ally, etc has that power for a reason.

Firstly, it would make everything that doesn't have the daze effect powerful, if they are able to zap ether away in some way.

Secondly, it would make everything that has that daze effect cheap and useless. Because everything else has that same ability.

There is a specific rule about it. If it's a daze effect, it has a curly whirly symbol. It zaps away ether, if you don't have any you pay with health. If it's not a daze effect, then it just makes you lose that ether. If you do not have any, then luck is on your side, your opponent made a wrong move. If you do have any left, then you lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caulet jocelyn
msg tools
Hi
i agree with the daze effect and after discuss we won't do anything in case of a nemesis power ,

BUT

We had the case where it was a neutralization card (-2 ether for gent + 2 for nemesis) , in this case the nemesis can't choose to do the effect on another gent, i think we'll go with nothing happen

but what are your thought about it ?

Thanks for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.