BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Treasure Divers - Card Game, 54 Card Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
let-off studios
msg tools
mbmb
Hello all--

I've developed a 2-player card game called Treasure Divers. It uses a single deck of cards, and a full game plays in about 15 minutes, including setup.

It's made a first pass over the single-page rule sheet at another discussion forum, and I'm hoping to have more sets of eyes on it. I'm also planning on updating this rule sheet shortly, to include some additional cards. Consider what you see currently in this PDF the "basic rules."

Please have a look and share your thoughts about it:
http://www.let-off.com/bgames/treasure/treasure_diver.pdf

A few specific questions for which I'd like to hear more input:
- Do you think this game is appropriate for younger age groups?
- Can you think of other themes that would work well with this set of mechanics?
- What else would make this game more interesting to play?
- If there was one way you would want to change this game, what would you suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
let-off studios
msg tools
mbmb
For the advanced/standard version of the game, players will have access to 3 additional cards in their hand (while still playing only 3).

- CHUM:
a bucket of fish parts. When revealed, all treasure cards are revealed. The first shark revealed is switched with the treasure card placed at the CHUM's lagoon. Two buckets of CHUM in the same lagoon cancel one another out, and no switches take place.

- DIVER 4: this is like the other diver cards, but a higher value. No big changes here. It will likely aid in reducing ties.

- HARPOON GUN: If played on a lagoon with a face-down treasure card, reveal its treasure card. If a shark is at the location, the HARPOON GUN and Shark are set aside by that player (with the HARPOON GUN remaining out of play for the rest of the game), and in end-of-game scoring, the pair will be worth 5 points. If played and no Shark was at the weapon's location, it MUST be set aside for the following round as above, so it's not in a player's hand immediately after it's been used.

I'll have proper inclusion of these additional cards in the next update.

Thanks in advance for reading and sharing your feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
let-off studios
msg tools
mbmb
New version of the rule set is available. Please have a look, and offer any feedback and/or ask any questions you may have. A brief note about changes from the previous version:

- Each player has a hand of 6 cards: 1, 2, 3, 4, Chum Bucket, Harpoon Gun
- Treasure Card breakdown slightly modified, but still 9 Sharks
- At the end of the round, players must choose one of their used cards to "sit out" the following round. At the end of the next round, it's returned to their hand (while another card "sits out" the following round)
- Retained the original rules as the "Basic Game," detailed on second page of rule sheet
- Included larger graphics of the cards

Please offer any feedback you can think of for this version. Thanks!

The link is the same:
http://www.let-off.com/bgames/treasure/treasure_diver.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rosset
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stephen, the rules look very straight forward and clear. I don't have any questions about gameplay. Sounds like a fun little bidding game. Good luck with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.