Popular Tags: crowdfunding [+] [View All]
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Hello!

I backed the game late, as a late pledge ( not giving me the right to write comments on the KS page ) and I missed the wave of « refunds » ( which nobody have been refunded yet ). What are the options left on this matter?
Refunds were only announced via one comment by SGP, no update, no e-mail...

This is getting really out of hand, a spiral of bad news, failure after failure to give at least a good impression. Space Goat seem to miss the mark everytime they have a chance to right their wrongs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Allie
United States
Bolivar
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I Was Geeky When Geeky Wasn't Cool
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really regretting backing this one, too. Seems like very little progress is being made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a refund at this point too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid we won't get neither the refund or the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have backed this, and decided to stay in at the refund deadline of Dec. 18th. We'll see if my decision pans out or not.
I feel for people that did not get their refund as of yet, but please know that people have been refunded(per comments in the KS page, both from the actual backers and from people relating their message). I can only hope that everyone who requested one will get one.

I wish you the best, hopefully it will not be much longer.

Sincerely,
Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So who's backing the new terminator campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I am not backing the new Terminator as the price range is way higher and I think there are some people involved in this game that were involved in SGP’s Terminator!

This was my first KS project, and damn it’s a pain! We were supposed to have weekly news, then it was a « no show »... no news for weeks! And when we got news it was « we will let you know when there is new stuff to let you know about! »

How is this possible?
I mean, you delayed the game for a year. Dont tell me there is nothing new everyweek? Thats the main reason why you pushed it back! Tell us what you did work on the gsme this week, rules? Pdf? Manufacturer? Miniatures? At lesst give us the chance to trust you back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed the update regarding a possible refund. Can someone point me to that? I went with the Terminator/Evil Dead combo and, at this point, would love the opportunity to get my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was a backer of this, the day the update came out saying there was a year delay I instantly messaged them asking for a refund. I know what people say about crowd funding, that you aren't entitled to a refund but when something big like this happens, you stand a fair chance. The fact they offered one shortly after really helped to justify this,

It took 2 months of messages on facebook, kickstarter and their website with repeated false prommises that it would happen. It was only when i commented on their new Kickstarter that the refund was processed.

There was another $25 shipping on the bakerkit (or whichever platform they used). They also promised this would be refunded but nothing happened, so I forwarded all email conversations and lack of responses off to my credit-card company, who investigated, then refunded the $25 themselves.

So I'm fully refunded - it is possible - just a pain in the arse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a full refund, but I had to do some aggressive tactics. One of them was backing SGP latest project and warning all of the backers in the comments section. Things moved smoothly after that.

I'd recommend all of you guys wanting a refund to back the new terminator game as it is Lynnvader (the same design team). Barrage the comment section with warnings, and you'll probably get results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Actually it was not even an update! It was because I was stalking everyday the comment section of the KS and saw some people asking for refunds and actually Scape Goat commented about this, if they wanted refunds to contact them... BUT THEY DID THIS IN THE COMMENT SECTION. Nothing official, no newsletter, no update, etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
I got a full refund, but I had to do some aggressive tactics. One of them was backing SGP latest project and warning all of the backers in the comments section. Things moved smoothly after that.

I'd recommend all of you guys wanting a refund to back the new terminator game as it is Lynnvader (the same design team). Barrage the comment section with warnings, and you'll probably get results.

Please don't.
Lynnvander has nothing to do with SGP any more. Their contractual ties were severed before any of the delay situation arose. Their work was completed for SGP(the publisher) and rejected by SGP. SGP as the original concept owner and IP licensee may or may not use Lynnvander's material, but Lynnvander officially has nothing to do with it any more.
Grim Games is now the lead design of SGP's Terminator.
The new Terminator Genysis game on KS is by Riverhorse and another publishing company, with Lynnvander providing design concept.
Lynnvander is merely a design company that was contracted by SGP and no longer has any official connection with SGP. Even if you did back the new game and make those kind of comments, Lynnvander can't help you.
Keep your anger for those directly responsible, SGP and their current partners, Grim Games.
I know it is frustrating, I completely understand.
I am also not in any way trying to defend SGP's actions or inaction in any way, but am merely trying to shed light on an often misrepresented situation.
Refunds have come, and are supposedly still coming, but Lynnvander has 0% to do with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:

Please don't.
Lynnvander has nothing to do with SGP any more. Their contractual ties were severed before any of the delay situation arose. Their work was completed for SGP(the publisher) and rejected by SGP. SGP as the original concept owner and IP licensee may or may not use Lynnvander's material, but Lynnvander officially has nothing to do with it any more.
Grim Games is now the lead design of SGP's Terminator.
The new Terminator Genysis game on KS is by Riverhorse and another publishing company, with Lynnvander providing design concept.
Lynnvander is merely a design company that was contracted by SGP and no longer has any official connection with SGP. Even if you did back the new game and make those kind of comments, Lynnvander can't help you.
Keep your anger for those directly responsible, SGP and their current partners, Grim Games.
I know it is frustrating, I completely understand.
I am also not in any way trying to defend SGP's actions or inaction in any way, but am merely trying to shed light on an often misrepresented situation.
Refunds have come, and are supposedly still coming, but Lynnvander has 0% to do with that.

You're absolutely correct. I didn't think about that. Thanks for preemptively being the voice of sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not a good idea. lol

We were let go like everyone else on the teams working for SGP Terminator. We're not the ones responsible for it.

We were hired to design it... they got the design then fired us... and are still using the design. I highly recommend not trolling another publisher with a completely different license because they have zero connection to the game that's burning backers.

And if you're mad at the designers that got fired over this, then we're at a loss as to how to inform and help you understand it.

We're also at a loss here... we've lost money and time as well. A LOT of it.

I hope this clarifies.

Thomas - Lynnvander
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Erik....

We knew we'd have a lot of this sort of confusion... sadly...

We got the other terminator gig because RH was impressed with how we handled ourselves on the KS and how we handled getting 'fired' per say.

phew...

Check our Genisys though...it's really fun! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1522166213/terminator-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clearing the air, Thomas!

I will cautiously give this a look. I really want to back, but I'm still sour over the SGP incident. At the same time, it does seem like this is a new situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:
Thanks Erik....

We got the other terminator gig because RH was impressed with how we handled ourselves on the KS and how we handled getting 'fired' per say.

phew...

Check our Genisys though...it's really fun! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1522166213/terminator-g...

Yep, backed on Day One. I WANT a Terminator game and it doesn't look like the SGP one will ever see the light of day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:
Thanks Erik....

phew...

No problem. Like I said, I just wanted to make sure things were not being misunderstood and or misconstrued.

For what it's worth, it is your guys design of Terminator: the Official Boardgame that everyone wants. That's the one we backed, and that's the one that was campaigned for.
I realize it is out of your hands now as Lynnvander, it rests squarely with SGP/Grim Games, but at last word from SGP/Grim on the subject, it seems like the majority of the design is there.

I am in as a backer on Genisys: Rise of the Machines for now, due in large part to you guys(Lynnvander) and Riverhorse(who I have also backed before). Just not 100% sure I need another tactical game, the price to be a completionist is a bit high for me at the moment, and I have not even seen the movie yet, which apparently was not all that great. I realize it is the 2029 future war that Genisys will focus on, but we'll see.
Either way. Best of luck to you guys at Lynnvander!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what exactly happened with this game post-KS that is causing people to declare it DOA and wanting to pursue a full refund? All I can gather is that they went silent on updates for a period of time and rolled back the delivery date - but aren't all of those fairly common occurrences with Kickstarter projects (both successful and unsuccessful)?

I didn't back - but almost did and am curious to see if this one ever turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Botelho
Canada
Sainte-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
In short,

They have not yet delivered ( and one year delayed ) previous game : Evil Dead.

Then one day before December 2017 ( month of supposed delivery of Terminator ) they announced a year delay for the game... then Went silent...

They even openly said they made a big mistaken with choosing the manifacturer of Evil Dead game, and still went with the same company for Terminator.

Then went silent.

Then brgouht a new guy in to reach out to the community with an update per week! It held a couple weeks, each wednesday.

Then each wednesday became wednesday Late LATE at night..
Then became thursday
Then friday
Then silent...

Then came back saying there will only be updates when there will be info deemed of an update. If we wanted more news, to suscribe to their newsletter.

It’s this big lack of transperency that also seems to be the problem. Peoeple are waiting 2+more years for their Evil Desad Game...wich was partially funded with money from the Terminator Campaign, and now Spce goats’s new kickstarter will try to fund the rest of Terminator game...

I believe in KS being late, yes i do.... but not like this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say other than the year delay a lot of this is news to me as a backer. I assume it is probably too late to get a refund. One good thing is that I now know about the new Kickstarter for "Terminator Genisys: Rise of the Resistance"! I just grabbed an early bird pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is too late. The ones that got any sort of refund, started "working" on it back in december. That was 4/5 months ago. And just for a lucky few.

The rest of us didn't get anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thescorpionx wrote:
Peoeple are waiting 2+more years for their Evil Desad Game...wich was partially funded with money from the Terminator Campaign, and now Spce goats’s new kickstarter will try to fund the rest of Terminator game...

That's the kind of stuff that will get the attention of FTC lawyers and various state Attorney Generals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliot Kravitz
United States
Croton on Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an FYI, despite asking for my refund within the required deadline, I did not receive my money until I processed a chargeback through my credit card company. Even then, Spacegoat had the nerve to charge my card all over again, claiming they didn’t know I’d dropped as a backer. Very deceptive. I had that charge successfully reversed as well and am now happy to be done with them. My only regret is, no longer being a backer, not being able to post comments about their unprofessional (at best) practices on the Kickstarter campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miles
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am optimistic that the game will appear one day. Was never going to be released in December 2017 because SGP only had a concept, no final rules, no play testing, no miniatures. I don’t even believe we will see it this year, two months to finish artwork and approval of miniatures, 4 weeks for pre production, 2 weeks for changes, 8 weeks production, 4 weeks on a boat, 1 week in customs, 4 weeks to deliver, 31 weeks total. Jan-feb 2019 is my prediction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.