Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Britain & Ireland (fan expansion to Ticket To Ride: Europe)» Forums » General

Subject: Destination tickets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katie Jones
msg tools
Are there any destination tickets made for this Britain Ireland expansion game? And what are the red marks on the board? Underground railroads? What do you do for thst?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Days of Wonder host a number of fan expansions on their TtR website. YOu might want to look there for more details. It's been a while sinc eI visited so I don't remember if this specific map is there.

It looks as if all the shaded lines have branch lines coming off them, but I have no idea how to play them sorry.

There also seem to be a number of tunnel routes shown. The little ticks beside the train spaces are standard TtR graphics for tunnels. Some even seem to be both tunnels and ferries. Intriguing. Tunnels are always played show three cards form the top of the train draw pile and if any match the colour you have used for the route, play an extra card for every match, or withdraw the route - you lose a turn, but keep the cards. The three extra go to the discard pile.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandy1333 wrote:
Are there any destination tickets made for this Britain Ireland expansion game? And what are the red marks on the board? Underground railroads? What do you do for thst?

Have you acquired just the board from somewhere? It won't play without the tickets and rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leppard
United Kingdom
Bexhill on Sea
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
Rules, map downloads and destination cards were all available on my website (www.leppards.org) which was hosted free by my ISP. However, they have now stopped the freebie and taken the site down, and I haven't decided what to do about this. If you write to me (via the BGG messaging service), I can provide you with a link to all the files (mostly pdfs), so that you can print out what you need. (The red marks are interchange stations, where you can change lines onto (grey) branch lines. Coloured lines are main lines, where no interchanges are allowed - you can only go from start to finish on that line). Sorry for any confusion on this. - Jim Leppard
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JimLep wrote:
Rules, map downloads and destination cards were all available on my website (www.leppards.org) which was hosted free by my ISP. However, they have now stopped the freebie and taken the site down, and I haven't decided what to do about this. If you write to me (via the BGG messaging service), I can provide you with a link to all the files (mostly pdfs), so that you can print out what you need. (The red marks are interchange stations, where you can change lines onto (grey) branch lines. Coloured lines are main lines, where no interchanges are allowed - you can only go from start to finish on that line). Sorry for any confusion on this. - Jim Leppard


You should be able to upload the files to the files section here. There are quite a few other fan made TtR maps that have done so and as I have mentioned, DOW host a number of them on their own website (or did - I haven't looked in a while) so I would not expect copyright issues as long as you don't charge money. If it concerns you, ask DOW for permission.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
JimLep wrote:
Rules, map downloads and destination cards were all available on my website (www.leppards.org) which was hosted free by my ISP. However, they have now stopped the freebie and taken the site down, and I haven't decided what to do about this. If you write to me (via the BGG messaging service), I can provide you with a link to all the files (mostly pdfs), so that you can print out what you need. (The red marks are interchange stations, where you can change lines onto (grey) branch lines. Coloured lines are main lines, where no interchanges are allowed - you can only go from start to finish on that line). Sorry for any confusion on this. - Jim Leppard


You should be able to upload the files to the files section here. There are quite a few other fan made TtR maps that have done so and as I have mentioned, DOW host a number of them on their own website (or did - I haven't looked in a while) so I would not expect copyright issues as long as you don't charge money. If it concerns you, ask DOW for permission.


I don't think DoW has ever hosted any fan made maps. They have, however, linked to a number of such maps, and still do. Some of the maps (Ohio and Indiana, among others?) have been added rather recently. Others are still linked in spite of the links being dead.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
GregDarcy wrote:
JimLep wrote:
Rules, map downloads and destination cards were all available on my website (www.leppards.org) which was hosted free by my ISP. However, they have now stopped the freebie and taken the site down, and I haven't decided what to do about this. If you write to me (via the BGG messaging service), I can provide you with a link to all the files (mostly pdfs), so that you can print out what you need. (The red marks are interchange stations, where you can change lines onto (grey) branch lines. Coloured lines are main lines, where no interchanges are allowed - you can only go from start to finish on that line). Sorry for any confusion on this. - Jim Leppard


You should be able to upload the files to the files section here. There are quite a few other fan made TtR maps that have done so and as I have mentioned, DOW host a number of them on their own website (or did - I haven't looked in a while) so I would not expect copyright issues as long as you don't charge money. If it concerns you, ask DOW for permission.


I don't think DoW has ever hosted any fan made maps. They have, however, linked to a number of such maps, and still do. Some of the maps (Ohio and Indiana, among others?) have been added rather recently. Others are still linked in spite of the links being dead.

I meant upload the files to BGG. Ask permission from DOW if you are concerned about copyright. The fact that they host links themselves tells me they won't mind so I probably wouldn't bother myself as it would just delay the process.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leppard
United Kingdom
Bexhill on Sea
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you for this input. Now I have found I can upload files to the BGG site I will do so, as soon as I have made one or two slight corrections. (I have DoW's permission for producing this expansion, provided I don't make money from it). Look for the files in 2-3 days.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leppard
United Kingdom
Bexhill on Sea
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
I have now uploaded the files to BGG, but I see they need approval, so I will post again when (/if) they are available. I do plan to revise all the files, but they are largely satisfactory. I think the card (letter size) they are designed for is no longer available, but it is still possible to print them on ordinary card and trim them manually.

JimLep wrote:
Thank you for this input. Now I have found I can upload files to the BGG site I will do so, as soon as I have made one or two slight corrections. (I have DoW's permission for producing this expansion, provided I don't make money from it). Look for the files in 2-3 days.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leppard
United Kingdom
Bexhill on Sea
East Sussex
flag msg tools
designer
The files have now been approved, and are available for download. I am ready to offer help if needed. - Jim

JimLep wrote:
I have now uploaded the files to BGG, but I see they need approval, so I will post again when (/if) they are available. I do plan to revise all the files, but they are largely satisfactory. I think the card (letter size) they are designed for is no longer available, but it is still possible to print them on ordinary card and trim them manually.

JimLep wrote:
Thank you for this input. Now I have found I can upload files to the BGG site I will do so, as soon as I have made one or two slight corrections. (I have DoW's permission for producing this expansion, provided I don't make money from it). Look for the files in 2-3 days.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.