Subject: 2 Players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone have any idea how this plays with two players? I know it’s been out in the wild for playtesting so just wanted to ask...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of the developers of the game, I can tell you that it works very well with 2 players

But seriously, the game is still in development, although nearly finished. Many people have played the game at events over the last 6 months, but they have all been when the game is in a state of flux, as we are experimenting with different options. The game 6 months ago is very different from what it is now.

When I am running demos of this game, I remind people that it is a prototype and we are still developing the game, and nothing is final. I also ask people not to start writing much detail about the game in forums, because what they played may have been a totally broken experimental version for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
PaulGrogan wrote:
As one of the developers of the game, I can tell you that it works very well with 2 players

But seriously, the game is still in development, although nearly finished. Many people have played the game at events over the last 6 months, but they have all been when the game is in a state of flux, as we are experimenting with different options. The game 6 months ago is very different from what it is now.

When I am running demos of this game, I remind people that it is a prototype and we are still developing the game, and nothing is final. I also ask people not to start writing much detail about the game in forums, because what they played may have been a totally broken experimental version for example.

Thanks Paul, I thought you might appear. I saw you were testing it at Baycon recently. I’m generally more cautious about games with a three player minimum so wanted to know if this fixed it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely, the expansion is a team game. 3 v 3.
With 2 players, you play 3 characters each, but the rules are streamlined to make this a bit more clever than just "you control 3 characters"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Absolutely, the expansion is a team game. 3 v 3.
With 2 players, you play 3 characters each, but the rules are streamlined to make this a bit more clever than just "you control 3 characters"

Any semblance of a release date? Even if it's just 2018 in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Caslava
Czech Republic
Kolin
flag msg tools
Hey Black Alexidor, release date is set to 3Q 2018. We are in final state of whole development right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhan_Shi wrote:
Hey Black Alexidor, release date is set to 3Q 2018. We are in final state of whole development right now.

You have made my week! I taught this game to my weekly board game group last week and this week we are playing it again in its full glory! I love getting this game to the table; I have owned it for a while now.

Thanks kindly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel M
United States
Glencoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be awesome if more about the 2 player variant was disclosed.

I love Adrenaline but the base game simply does not work for 2 players (even 3 is not optimal and I don't like the bots)... and that was a killer for me.

If this expansion really makes the 2 player format work, this will be huge!

More info please?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.