• [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it with two once. I ended up with China and them with England. I did much better, though it's unclear how much of that was due to our respective countries and how much due to our approach to the game (I focused on the next scoring round, whereas the other player improved generally).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our one game so far was fun. I wish the reference cards incorporated small notes for the 2-player changes where applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul Chavez
Mexico
Cuauhtémoc
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same concern since most of the time I play only with my wife at home. I hope a few more folks with experience on the game can give their opinion to make up my mind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a video of a 2 player playthrough here if that helps you decide:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/248074730
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In some ways it's even better at two players - feels a lot more like a nuclear arms race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played twice at two players and not at more, so I can't compare. But it does play fine at two, and I agree with Mark. One thing I noticed, though, is that the scoring rounds are an even number of collections apart, so it's not difficult to get 'synced' to one player triggering the scoring round. This can, of course, be avoided by collecting earlier than you might otherwise choose to do -- and that game of chicken between the players regarding the collection trigger is a fairly important part of 2-p games. (And larger games, but I suspect that each player has much less control over the trigger in larger games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Telcontar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played it twice at 2 player count, and not any other count. I really like it as a 2 player; with so many moving parts, it might be best to learn the game this way. Preparing for scoring rounds better than your opponent and getting the timing right is critical, and I am a slow starter in that respect. Bombers are my weak spot; it really is crucial to manage all aspects of your triad well. As another player said, it is easy to get synced into a routine where one player is always retrieving ahead of the other; breaking that cycle and when to break it can be a massive leverage point in the game, because triggering a scoring event before the other player is ready can do some damage. That's going to happen to someone, or a couple someones, in a multiplayer game and different people will do it for different events, so things might even out. In a 2 player, if you get caught with your pants down twice, it's really bad news.

Fantastic stragtegy game, from what I've experienced so far, and I'm looking forward to many, many more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.