Black Orchestra» Forums » Rules

Subject: Failed plots, second edition versus first edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played second edition with some friends tonight, as I'm out of town visiting. When failing a plot, apparently you don't discard the items used anymore? I have first edition at home, and I definitely remember discarding items when failing a plot... Doesn't this make second edition way too easy? You can reportedly attempt a plot until you succeed, it's detected, or you run out of actions? Really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Traci Weiland
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't discard the plot card if you fail, but you discard the items in order to build the dice pool (Page 10) you need to roll. I'm not seeing where it says you don't discard the items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I will let them know - it didn't sound right to me, but they checked and didn't see it, and it's not on the board like on the first edition. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gabrielli
Italy
Ascoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
Ah! I will let them know - it didn't sound right to me, but they checked and didn't see it, and it's not on the board like on the first edition. Thanks!

Look in the example page:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painmaker87 wrote:
danaolson wrote:

Look in the example page:

I already knew about the rule to discard used items, but my friends, who own second edition, did not. Somehow they missed it in their plays, and when I brought it up last night, they couldn't find it. They obviously see it now, on page 10, as Traci pointed out.

I was trying to tell them that you discard the items when you fail, so they read the failure portion out loud and it's not mentioned there in the new rules. My last appeal was to the game board, and it is not printed on the second edition board anymore.

This is my first edition board, so you can see why I associate discarding items with failing the plot, rather than building the dice pool:

Anyhow, this has already been answered by Traci. /thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.