Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm playing solo to learn the game, and I have a few questions:

1. Combat: I understand that in the case of a tie nothing happens. Let's say France attacks Austria, and it resolves in a tie: no retreat, no troops lost. But what happens during the following Austrian turn? If the Austrian general doesn't move away, does combat happens again because two generals are adjacent?

2. What exactly happens when there's combat and you're adjacent to more than one opponent (not stacked)? Take this picture, even if it's probably a little too extreme:

The rulebook says that they attack one after the other, but I don't understand how it is intended. Does Austria fight with just one Prussian general and then, if Austria wins and doesn't have to retreat, fights again with the next? If so, who chooses the order? And what if there's another Power involved?

3. Hussars don't move, right? You just place them wherever you want (according to the rules of course) and they stay there until someone moves over or through them, or you place them somewhere else.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Fight again. A combat happens as soon as 2 enemy generals are adjacent, whatever led to this situation.

2. The active player/power chooses the order, whatever the enemy players/powers involved. Apart from that, you are correct.

3. Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Answers:

1.) If the Austrian general does not move away in his movement phase, then there will be a new combat in the Austrian combat phase.

2.) See 11.1, first hearts, last sentence:

"If more than one attack must be made, the attacking player chooses the order of resolution."

and 11.1, last bullet:

"A general who had to retreat may not attack or be at-
tacked again in that combat phase."

For your example, this means (assuming Austria is the attacker):
Neipperg may choose whom to fight first, for instance Prussia #2 (P2). If Neipperg does not retreat, he has to fight the next combat, for insance P1. After this combat, if still not retreating, he has to fight the last Prussian general (P3)

Note, that if there would be a another Austrian attack somewhere else on the map, Austria could do it that way:
a) A5 vs P2, b) A5 vs P1, c) other attack, d) A5 vs P3, or any other order, just as Austria desires.

EDIT: I just wrote the above, and realize now that there is a Prussiann question mark on BRIEG. Therefore Prussia is obviously the attacker... But the principle should be clear, nevertheless.

3.) Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tublefou wrote:

2. The active player/power chooses the order, whatever the enemy players/powers involved. Apart from that, you are correct.

Thanks.
So in that picture it's like three different combats, is it (or less, if Austria has to retreat)? I was worried the three blue generals could sum up their starting troops, but it doesn't work that way - good for Austria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rsivel wrote:
Answers:

[...]

3.) Correct.

Thank you! Everything is clear now... until next time, when I'll try the advanced game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lexpweller wrote:
Take this picture, even if it's probably a little too extreme

Though it's rarely seen, if you managed to pull it, I'm sure you would relish it for years. cool

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1846358/maria
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.