Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I've recently got Wot:Rush base game and seeing so much "gap" in basegame vs expansion ratings I was wandering if it would be possible to integrate exp rules into basegame.
I don't mind adding new cards for 6th player and do believe Headquarter cards could be easily be printed on cardstock (not to be shuffled).
Please let me know your thoughts about it and how to better modifiy rules to achieve this.
Thank you in advance.
Alessandro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, actually we are playing the game with some of the expansions rules and it works fine :
1- you can choose at the beginning of your turn to remove the last card from the river.
2- when you attack with tank you have to choose one of your attacking tank to protect the base.
3- your own base count towards the final count.
4 - deal x + 2 achievement cards x equal numbers pf players and this achievement worth 3 vp instead of 5 (we found that it is more balanced playing this way).

Enjoy.
I really hope the expansions will be released for the rest of the world (outside russia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you,
I'll give it a try and let you know.
Ale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Robert
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, play with the expansion rules (even though I only have the base game). In particular:

1) Change how the river is handled: there are now 5 cards in the river instead of 4, and rather than to always remove the oldest card at the end of a player's turn, it is now the active player who decides, at the beginning of the turn, whether the oldest card should disappear and a new tank appear. So, players have a better control of the river, which is less volatile than before.

2) After having attacked someone, it is now mandatory to put in defense 1 of the tanks that were used for this attack (to be exact, any tank used for the attack that has an armor greater than 0). So, while cards used to acquire other cards are still discarded, it is now mandatory to put in defense both tanks used for their special ability AND one of those used to conduct an attack. This better balances the attack strategy (which was too safe before) and the "skill usage" strategy: now, if an opponent attacks the tank that you had to put in defense because you used its special skill during your turn, then this opponent has to put a tank in defense too, exposing it to a possible counter-attack.

3) New concept of "rear guard": at the end of their turn, players can now keep in front of them 1 card of their hand that was not played, this card forms the "rear guard" (note: if there was already a rear guard card from a previous turn, it is discarded and replaced by the new one). During a player's turn, one can play any of the 3 cards in hand AND the card that is in rear guard, just like if it was in hand too. This gives players a much better control on the game, both because you can now have 4 cards to play, but also because you are not forced to discard a card that is useless during a particular turn, but which could be useful later (= you can save it in the rear guard slot to use it later on).

Note: Please forgive me if the English vocabulary I used isn't the correct one: I do not have the English rule book on hand, and I simply translated a post that I wrote in French on another forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.