Subject: About rules for Automatic victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiro Kono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules at B12A2d: Basic Game - Automatic Victory - 12A2d says
"Enemy units could not pass through the defender's hex in their movement phase, even though an inverted counter would be sure to result there."

I cannot understand meanings of this sentence.
Is this Enemy's player turn? Which is the defender? Whose movement phase? No matter an inverted counter is there?
Cannot imagine actual situation.

Sorry for my queer English.
Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your player turn, if in the movement phase you achieve an attack situation that will lead to an automatic victory in the following combat phase, the enemy units are removed at the end of your phasing player combat phase, but are ignored during the preceding phasing player movement phase. The case (d) is an exception because also if the defending units are surely inverted, they aren't surely eliminated and so they cannot be ignored during your phasing player movement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiro Kono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Loris!
Understood, I think.
Is it correct to translate
"Enemy units could not pass through the defender's hex in their movement phase, even though an inverted counter would be sure to result there."
into
"The attacker's units could not pass through the defender's hex in their movement phase, even if preceding battle resulted in having left an inverted counter only in that hex."?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12.A.2.d refer to the case in which, during the movement phase, the attacker put as many units adjacent to the attacked hex, to achieve a result that leave all defending units inverted, but not eliminated, because they are able to retreat when required.
Remember that inverted units are eliminated (10.C.4)by phasing combat unit moving adjacent to it, but when you use the Auto Victory, the defending unit isn't inverted until the end of combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiro Kono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again.

An inverted counter was created after combat, and it retreated from original hex. This attack was NOT considered as an automatic victory for the defender retreated. So, the other attackers are not allowed to move through the defender's original hex.

Is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiro Kono
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for many comments, Loris. My mind cleared. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.