Subject: All or most expansions in one big box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Kim
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Will I be able to fit all expansions sleeved with bits and piece in one big box box?

Not planning to buy any newer ones after Nocturne and left Alchemy out for now. Not a perfectionist and it is enough to enjoy

If I can fit all then I will get the second edition just to get the original print look on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silviac wrote:
Will I be able to fit all expansions sleeved with bits and piece in one big box box?

Not planning to buy any newer ones after Nocturne and left Alchemy out for now. Not a perfectionist and it is enough to enjoy

If I can fit all then I will get the second edition just to get the original print look on the box.
ALL expansions to date? All 11, plus 9 promos? "yes", but that box needs to be at least 4x the box it came in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silviac wrote:

Yes, of course! The questions is how big a box do you wanna lug around? And do you want to put EVERYTHING in it--the randomizer cards & the extra set of copper/estates/etc from first edition Intrigue?

So to give you an idea for box size, I have the box talked about in this thread. Note that if you store the cards standing upright (instead of lying sideways in the OP), you get 6 rows of cards instead of 4. For a while I was able to fit all expansions (not including Alchemy)... but then when Empires came out, it became a challenge, and when Nocturne came out, well.... The cardboard bits took up almost half a row so they were removed.

However! My cards are sleeved with the "premium" Mayday sleeves--125% thicker than regular sleeves. Which eh... oh my. That extra thickness adds up to more space being consumed! So you will likely be able to fit more things into the box than me if you're using regular sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question was whether it'll all fit into one box of the new Dominion Big Box product. I have no idea if it will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
I think the question was whether it'll all fit into one box of the new Dominion Big Box product. I have no idea if it will.

Ah that makes sense. Haha.

Comparing dimensions:

Hobby lobby box:
Length: 13"
Width: 16 1/2"
Height: 4 1/2"

Dominion Big Box 1st edition (second edition dimension was not posted) :
Length: 11.80"
Width: 22.00"
Height: 2.90"

Hmm.......
It seems that you would have to lay the cards down horizontally in the big box, unless you didn't mind the lid poking up... if the cards were horizontal, I don't think they would all fit. Would need further mathing (or someone who just knows) about if they were stored upright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base and about 5 expansions in one box, and that thing is a heavy heavy brick. I suggest stacking all the boxes up, and lifting it, to see if that is the kind of weight you want to carry around in one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
I have the base and about 5 expansions in one box, and that thing is a heavy heavy brick. I suggest stacking all the boxes up, and lifting it, to see if that is the kind of weight you want to carry around in one box.
A concern here is if the box' structural integrity will hold up. One Dom player uses a square box that's tall enough to store the cards portrait setting, but it's heavy. If you hold it at one corner wrong, it could weaken, and break apart. The Dom BB is large and rectangular, so you risk the same thing. Make sure to tell folks to handle it 2-handed then.

If you put THAT MUCH stuff in it, then you encroach on 'absolute limits', but AFAIK, you should still be under them limits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I have everything to date except the extra, purchasable base cards with the different art work, in a wooden wine case. I built a tray to keep the kingdom cards in landscape mode and store the directions, randomizers, base cards, extra base cards, and tokens below it. Its designed to sit on edge and has a paracord handle that wraps around it to allow 'easy' carrying. The whole thing weighs somewhere around 40 lbs, if I had to guess.

I'll post pics sooner or later.

Z
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Kim
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
I just thought that maybe big box will be big enough to accommodate all.

I am planning below expansions with all extras in the reinforced big box with standard Mayday sleeves.

Base
Intrigue
Seaside
Cornucopia
Hiterland
Dark Ages
Prosperity
Guild
Empires
Nocturne

Having another read on above replies, it sounds like it's impossible if cards are horizontal and it would look a bit awkward vertically still yet unable to fit most of them meaning custom box..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.