tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I see Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure in the photo. Dominion and Downforce too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kelso
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor SeaFall. it's like the ugly dog nobody wants to adopt. The Gaspode of board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckruns624 wrote:
Poor SeaFall. it's like the ugly dog nobody wants to adopt. The Gaspode of board games.

We have a local thread where people "pay it forward" and offer free games to people so long as they offer up free games in return. One of the longest offers that ever sat was SeaFall. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckruns624 wrote:

Speaking as someone who has worked in rescue, there are plenty of people who want to adopt ugly dogs. I don't think I can say the same about people who want to buy Seafall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up for 25 bucks new, and am actually looking forward to playing it...lol. For 80 (or even 40) I likely would have still passed. Wife was interested though, and the kid likes the idea of it so I'll try for 25 bucks...

But yeah...lmao @ If you like Ticket to Ride...B&N knows nothing of games. I tried to host at one in Pennsylvania long ago, and they acted at first like they wanted to support us and then when we showed up (all 4 of us), it was like they couldn't be bothered to get us a chair, let alone tell us where to even sit. They eventually stuck us way off to the side (the manager working that night had no idea we were to be there, and when notified to accommodate us, she wasn't happy about it). We bailed and I started hosting at my home instead. Then they started their own "Game demo nights" about a year later and it was terrible.

I buy from B&N only when I can get 50 percent off and tack on an additional discount, and even then it can be tough to find anything there of interest.

But we have no real high expectations for Seafall, and my family likely won't mind the "kitchen sink" aspect. My daughter enjoys roleplaying and feeling like she is changing things, so hope is that it's just mediocre enough that my family enjoys it once in a while...lol. If not, I lost 25 bucks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Harmel
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
Picked it up for 25 bucks new, and am actually looking forward to playing it...lol. For 80 (or even 40) I likely would have still passed. Wife was interested though, and the kid likes the idea of it so I'll try for 25 bucks...

But yeah...lmao @ If you like Ticket to Ride...B&N knows nothing of games. I tried to host at one in Pennsylvania long ago, and they acted at first like they wanted to support us and then when we showed up (all 4 of us), it was like they couldn't be bothered to get us a chair, let alone tell us where to even sit. They eventually stuck us way off to the side (the manager working that night had no idea we were to be there, and when notified to accommodate us, she wasn't happy about it). We bailed and I started hosting at my home instead. Then they started their own "Game demo nights" about a year later and it was terrible.

I buy from B&N only when I can get 50 percent off and tack on an additional discount, and even then it can be tough to find anything there of interest.

But we have no real high expectations for Seafall, and my family likely won't mind the "kitchen sink" aspect. My daughter enjoys roleplaying and feeling like she is changing things, so hope is that it's just mediocre enough that my family enjoys it once in a while...lol. If not, I lost 25 bucks...

Its too bad about SeaFall... we started it and played 3 or 4 times... It was actually getting exciting in my opinion, but half my group moved away. End of the day, its heart is in the right place, its execution was PAINFUL. The lack of well written rules made every game a drudge. You'll have to keep looking online for explanations. I would love it if the designer went back to this game, spent some more time polishing it up, then re-release a new game with the same bones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with Seafall was a short one. At the end of the prologue, the game instructed you to destroy all character cards. So we did. It didn't specify that you were only supposed to destroy the character cards for the characters used in the prologue. So that was that. We could no longer continue the campaign.

I have learned to follow rule books to the letter due to the way they are often worded so poorly. So when it said to destroy ALL character cards, I felt I was following the directions to the letter.

Other than losing the money that I paid for it, I can't say I'm really disappointed after watching spoiler-filled reviews for the game. I was really hyped up for it at first, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played any legacy games yet (Have Gloomhaven, but got the reusable sticker set), but I already know we won't actually rip up or destroy cards, instead I'll keep a separate envelope or box to put the "Destroyed" contents in. At least that will alleviate any issues like that coming up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
Technopinky wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/pAmvr
I found this at my local book store...

OK, it's not exactly honest, but it does seem a good way to help unload unwanted inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elankat wrote:
Speaking as someone who has worked in rescue, there are plenty of people who want to adopt ugly dogs.

Very true. Otherwise pugs wouldn't exist. gulp

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they may have well said, "If you have spare shelf space, please buy this."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
spunXtain wrote:
At the end of the prologue, the game instructed you to destroy all character cards. So we did. It didn't specify that you were only supposed to destroy the character cards for the characters used in the prologue.

... That's quite very much on you, sir
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Neurasth wrote:
spunXtain wrote:
At the end of the prologue, the game instructed you to destroy all character cards. So we did. It didn't specify that you were only supposed to destroy the character cards for the characters used in the prologue.

... That's quite very much on you, sir.

Granted, but the curse idiocy wastefulness silliness of legacy games is on many gamers.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Neurasth wrote:
spunXtain wrote:

Granted, but the curse idiocy wastefulness silliness of legacy games is on many gamers.

devil

Huh, I don't remember feeling silly when playing PL:S1. I remember feelings of enjoyment, curiosity, frustration, anticipation, entertainment, defeat, and triumph... but not silliness.

I must have been playing it wrong. whistle

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnvsdice wrote:
Yes, they may have well said, "If you have spare shelf space, please buy this."
It's a bit like some of the cross-selling attempts you see at Amazon:
"Customers who bought this, also bought 'Justin Bieber - Greatest Hits' and 'Star Wars IV: A New Hope - Special Collector's Edition Blue Ray'"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes some funny guys placing games in different
places, to fool people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Veero wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:
Neurasth wrote:
spunXtain wrote:

devil

Huh, I don't remember feeling silly when playing PL:S1. I remember feelings of enjoyment, curiosity, frustration, anticipation, entertainment, defeat, and triumph... but not silliness.

I must have been playing it wrong. whistle
~V

Yeah, I don't have a lot of feeling in my foot, either. Doesn't mean that stepping on a nail is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posthumous Jones
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out Seafall is beloved by people who’ve only played TtR. Who knew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.