David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These came up during gameplay and the rules don't clarify;

Card says eggs, person guesses egg...correct or incorrect?

Card says jam, person guesses jelly, C or IC?

Card says rat, person guesses mouse (could've been other way) C or IC?

We couldn't really debate because everyone had reason for it to be correct or incorrect..

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess everyone could vote afterwards, once the blindfold is removed, but as the one who is usually 'running' the game and putting the cards in their proper column, I would have given them egg and jam, but not mouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darsaklis
Greece
Peristeri, Athens
-
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark is right. Usually in most sessions and because of the nature of the game (a party game where everybody is having fun), rules are not so strict. So for the first one ''egg'' is a correct guess.

But for the other 2 guesses i would have consider them as incorrect because they are different words. Also take for example that the dreamer tries to find the word ''mouse'' it is legit for someone to give as clue the word ''rat'', so the last example is definitely incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christopher
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
I guess everyone could vote afterwards, once the blindfold is removed, but as the one who is usually 'running' the game and putting the cards in their proper column, I would have given them egg and jam, but not mouse.

The problem with everyone voting is all players have reason to want it correct/incorrect based on their role.

I agree it is a fun, light-hearted game, just looking for some clarity for future games. Thanks for responding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chinagirl geek
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Jam' in British English = 'jelly' in American English, so if not all of your players are native US speakers, I would definitely accept either word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Steinberger
Germany
Taunusstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kira13 wrote:
Mark is right. Usually in most sessions and because of the nature of the game (a party game where everybody is having fun), rules are not so strict. So for the first one ''egg'' is a correct guess.

Really? Wow. I definetely would have debated this if you weren't the game designer. "Egg" is a pretty simple word (for my taste) so I'd think it's the fairys task to give the dreamer an additional hint and may it only be "plural".

We had a similar discussion when I guessed "Railroad" with the correct answer being "locomotive". It's close, but it's not the same so we ruled it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.