Subject: Couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Santos
Portugal
Soa Pedro de Moel
flag msg tools
came up in our game today

1 Russians headline Cambridge Five and Americans (with Space Race bonus) choose South America Scoring. Can Russians add influence point in South America or not (as the scoring card is not in American hand anymore)?

2 American headline Missile Envy and Russians offer up Bear Trap. Do Russians have to play Missile Envy for Ops in first Action Round, or discard it, or discard a different 2 point card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
badge
His marvels of artifice pale in comparison to the developing machinery of his mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Nope, as you mentioned, the card is no longer in their hand.

2 - Yes, Missile Envy must be played at the first available opportunity, including discarding it to Bear Trap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilkens
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question made me think of another situation. It seems fairly unlikely, but hypothetically:

US headlines Red Scare/Purge.
US AR1 plays Missile Envy, receiving Bear Trap.

USSR is unable to discard Missile Envy to Bear Trap because it is 1 op. I assume USSR is able to discard any other eligible card, and then must play Missile Envy once it gets out of the trap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is the case. As soon as you're out of Bear Trap/Red Scare, you have to play Missile Envy for 1 Op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.