Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after stomping a level 2 phoenix last week, we decided we'd go for another.

And yeah, we stomped him. 3 rounds is all it took to take him down. Round 1, i critted the spot that disables his liver and instead of doing displacement he just vomits everywhere. This was fantastic. We did a total of 10 wounds in round 1.

HOWEVER.

Round 2, he throws out Deja Vu.... fun times. Only 1 of the 4 survivors had an age token. 2 of the 3 that had to roll, rolled high. HA! So all caught up in their memories they are gone forever. My savior was gone, but meh to that because he was about to be gone forever anyway because of hunt exp.

The hard loss was losing my sword master with steel sword and berserk. UGH. HORRID. Man losing that steel sword was devastating.

So.... Next week will be a level 3 screaming antelope. RAWR!

Moral of this story: Rawhide Headband is there for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phaelen2003 wrote:
So after stomping a level 2 phoenix last week, we decided we'd go for another.

And yeah, we stomped him. 3 rounds is all it took to take him down. Round 1, i critted the spot that disables his liver and instead of doing displacement he just vomits everywhere. This was fantastic. We did a total of 10 wounds in round 1.

HOWEVER.

Round 2, he throws out Deja Vu.... fun times. Only 1 of the 4 survivors had an age token. 2 of the 3 that had to roll, rolled high. HA! So all caught up in their memories they are gone forever. My savior was gone, but meh to that because he was about to be gone forever anyway because of hunt exp.

The hard loss was losing my sword master with steel sword and berserk. UGH. HORRID. Man losing that steel sword was devastating.

So.... Next week will be a level 3 screaming antelope. RAWR!

Moral of this story: Rawhide Headband is there for a reason.

But still doesn’t help when Deja Vu is the monster’s first AI card (and so goes off before you have a chance to do anything about it). soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah having a legendary card on top of the AI deck can really screw you for a whole showdown. Found that out a couple of times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wilson
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
But still doesn’t help when Deja Vu is the monster’s first AI card (and so goes off before you have a chance to do anything about it). soblue
My first playthrough, my wife's Cousin & I both controlled two survivors each.
Faced a Phoenix, and it had a Deja-Vu first turn. Two of our best survivors disappeared, both controlled by her cousin.

After looking at the top of the deck with the headband, we saw the other Legendary and then an advanced card. We wound the Legendary away, take the Advanced and headband again. Two more advanced cards.

I realized then that when I made the AI deck, I had forgot to shuffle. So I placed basic, then advanced, and finally legendary cards into the AI deck. After showing him my error, we restarted the showdown and I forever remember that as the time my human error almost killed the campaign we got a perfect slayer from.

strewart wrote:
Yeah having a legendary card on top of the AI deck can really screw you for a whole showdown. Found that out a couple of times!

GSK hit me with his legendary on his first round. My Spear user did not survive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.