8 Posts

Crystal Clans» Forums » Rules

Subject: misha undertow and siege tower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mel Miranda
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does Misha Undertow copy the printed attack of a unit or does include any bonuses applied to it? For example, if Siege Tower is in an opponent's home zone, does she get 7 or 9 attack? What if there is a Ballista adjacent to it as well?

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Berman
United States
Jamison
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the printed value. She doesn't gain the effects of abilities. Her attack value will be 7 in this case.

Clarification, as below. In the case stated in the original question, Misha's squad would not gain the bonus from Breach because Breach modifies the squad's attack value. Misha's attack value would be 7 in this case.

However, some abilities modify a unit's attack value (like Den Mother Gra or Chieftans), instead of modifying the squad's attack value. Attack Link adds the highest unit's attack value to Misha's squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David-Alexandre Laurent
Belgium
Liège
Liège
flag msg tools
Another question with Misha and "Sleep".

Does Sleep affects the printed value ? Or depending of the active player both abilities will be triggered in a different order ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the glossary entry on Sleep - it does nullify any abilities that would boost the UNIT's attack value. However, if an ability references the SQUAD'S attack value, that is unaffected, as are any battle card effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Berman
United States
Jamison
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you can follow Joe's advice and go look it up In this exact example, Misha's ability affects the squad's attack value, which means that Sleep will not work against Misha (or rather it has no effect).

As a counter example, Den Mother Gra's ability grants bonus attack to the unit. Sleep absolutely wrecks Gra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
It's not clear to me. Misha squad doesn't get the attck of den mother gra?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
Can I get an answer to this question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Berman
United States
Jamison
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, forgot to double back to this one.

It makes sense that there are abilities that modify a unit's attack value, like Den Mother Gra's. Since the unit's attack value is modified, and Misha's squad gains the highest attack value of all units, she would copy Gra's attack including the bonus.

I'll edit my post above to clarify

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.