Subject: New Dice Tower review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! OMG was re-reviewed yesterday on the Dice Tower and finally got the recognition it deserves. Vasel called it an excellent, very enjoyable little engine building game that plays in about 30 minutes. Well done OMG!

P.S.: hope BGG will replace the old (negative) Dice Tower review on this page with the new one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylusboy wrote:

P.S.: hope BGG will replace the old (negative) Dice Tower review on this page with the new one...

Why? It still stands in relation to the original version of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Larsen

N Little Rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yay! Good for him for retrying OMG!

Sadly, he still got a couple of the rules wrong in the video (both phase 1 actions): a) you can't discard part of your hand, you must discard all of it if you choose to do so (3:13, and 8:12 in the video); and b) the gray production building he points out doesn't let a player take three cards every draw every time, only when they have 3 or fewer cards in hand (6:45).

Hopefully, though, the video gets more people into it; and, again, Good for Tom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can one find the new rules Tom mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:

Go to this File page Royal Goods Rules English and look in the comments for the 12 Apr 18 entry and follow the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ol_bubba wrote:
ampoliros wrote:

Go to this File page Royal Goods Rules English and look in the comments for the 12 Apr 18 entry and follow the link.

Which is this link: https://web.archive.org/web/20180227123413/http://mayfairgames.com/files/supportfiles/mfg3513_rules_v2_0.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:

These are all the new rules:

- Before drawing cards you can discard your entire hand and draw back the same number of cards discarded.
- You can either build a building or hire an assistant, not both.
After your worker produces he leaves the building so that an assistant can be assigned to that building in the same round.
- You can have more than 2 assistants.
- If you placed a building face down and then decide not to build it you return it to your hand (instead of discarding it).
- At Game End you can use the Production Chain of every building you own, whether it produced or not or whether it has a worker or assistant assigned to it.
- Market Office: You only receive an additional card if you have less than 4 cards in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaziu K
msg tools
Victor: This is great summary of changes, but I think there is one little mistake. One CAN NOT have more then two assistants- at least this is that way in my rules book and the rest is the same as You stated it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pedropuchalski wrote:
Victor: This is great summary of changes, but I think there is one little mistake. One CAN NOT have more then two assistants- at least this is that way in my rules book and the rest is the same as You stated it.

Check the rules again. They have removed the part about only 2 assistants, so yes, you can have more than 2. See page 10 on the new rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaziu K
msg tools
binnet wrote:
pedropuchalski wrote:

Check the rules again. They have removed the part about only 2 assistants, so yes, you can have more than 2. See page 10 on the new rulebook.

Yes, I see it in that pdf from webarchive. It's a little puzzling, as I have official polish translation rules(that comes with the box) and they have ALL the changes apart this one. Now I'm not so sure which one are the newest really. Maybe polish distributor contacted authors at the time of translation and those are even more new rules, then those from webarchive? Who knows. But it my opinion leaving max 2 assistants restriction seems more "logical", then not leaving it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pedropuchalski wrote:
binnet wrote:
pedropuchalski wrote:

Yes, I see it in that pdf from webarchive. It's a little puzzling, as I have official polish translation rules(that comes with the box) and they have ALL the changes apart this one. Now I'm not so sure which one are the newest really. Maybe polish distributor contacted authors at the time of translation and those are even more new rules, then those from webarchive? Who knows. But it my opinion leaving max 2 assistants restriction seems more "logical", then not leaving it

Might also be a translation issue. Hard to say when you compare across languages sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules from the lookout Homepage:
http://lookout-spiele.de/downloads/#O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If I were to buy a copy of the game today, will it have the new rules included?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heidi S.
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sky_sama wrote:
If I were to buy a copy of the game today, will it have the new rules included?

Evidently if the box has the Mayfair logo on it then you'll have the new rules.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1869551/how-tell-difference...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, in my basket it goes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.