Subject: Deckbuilding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks very good, but I have some questions:

According to the rules you are allowed to put two of each card in the "Front"-Deck and an unlimited number of the same card in the "Support"-Deck.

Is deckbuilding with only the base-game possible ?

How many games do you need to have some choice ?

Is it possible to buy extra cards to expand your cardpool without the other components (wooden box, counter, etc. ) ?

Are there some historical restrictions for Deckbuildung (only 1944 Normandy, only North Africa 1942, etc. ) ?

I think it would be a clever move to upload the rules on Boardgamegeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and the Kickstarter was cancelled !?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mesh Promesh
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello,

The campaign has been deleted due to pledge problems, but it will be soon live again, it was just a restart.

1. The deck building is absolutely possible. The base deck has a certain amount of possibilities.
Let's say...you can focus on paradrops, but the amount of cards you put in the deck for this tactics, lowers the other tactics efficiency because you will have less cards.

2. As I said you already have some choice with the basic game. Expansions will eventually become avaiilable in the pledge manager as add-ons.

3. Absolutely yes, a steady expansion release will grant the possibility to expand your decks, more than 200 cards per faction are scheduled.

4. There are no historical restrictions, you can use whatever you want, as you want.

I'm sorry for the rules, but I'm a newbie of this site. I still have a lot of things to learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers.

You should also post a list of the cards that are included in the base-game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mesh Promesh
Italy
flag msg tools
I'll see what I can do. It would be in a text form list. In the base game there will be 142 cards + eventually other 60 cards from 2 included expansions. There are a lot of units to post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume most of the backers are interested in history.

So a text list is fine, most of us known the different aircraft, ships, tanks, etc. very well.

I am especially interested if every card is only once in a pack or if there are multiples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mesh Promesh
Italy
flag msg tools
Thank you for your questions, I'm always glad to answer.

The base deck has 60 cards. We can say that almost 40 of them are a single copy, the other 20 are copies.

So...the total unique cards you will find in the box...stretch goals apart...are approximately 80 unique cards and 40 copies.

Each expansion pack adds 30 different cards, which you surly won't see in the base deck. Although there are some exceptions. In some expansions you could find a card that is a copy of a card present in the base deck.

Anyway, you will never have 3 copies of a same card (the third, according to the rules, will be useless).

Having 3 or more copies will be possibile for units with the Auxiliary attribute. These units can be placed both in the main deck (max 30 units) and in the auxiliary deck (no restrictions).

In this way, let's say you have 4 copies of a card with auxiliary attribute, you can choose to have 2 copies in you main deck, and the other 2 in you auxiliary deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting.

Can you please post an "example-list" ?

Let's say a "German Fallschirmjäger - Deck".

How would main deck and auxiliary deck possibly look like ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mesh Promesh
Italy
flag msg tools
it's quite complicated, but I'll try!

First of all, you will need to plan how to use them (Fallschirmjäger)

They are a dual mode unit. You can use them as paratroopers or elite fire brigade.

They cost 4, have a soft attack of 3 and 4 defense.
Their skills are:

-Green Devils (surge skill - activated when normally deployed): They get +2 attack, blitz (can attacck when deployed), and armorbracker (can pierce enemy armor). This skill is for elite fire brigade usage.
This skill works only if the unit is deployed from your main deck, and so you can have only 2 of them.

The other skill is:

-Jager (auxiliary skill - activated only if the unit is deployed from reserve deck): They deal 1 dmg to all enemy units with the same color.
(imagine a Fallschirmjäger paradrop behind enemy lines, to sabotage an enemy airfield or dockyard - you actually need to use your fantasy to describe the thing, but I can assure you they are all plausible actions).
This skill works only if the unit is deployed from your auxiliary deck, and so you can have as many as you want.

So...you have to decide how to use them. You will say...the Green Devils skill is much more powerful than Jager. But, it's not so right.

Jager takes advantage of other skills of other units.

Let's say you are building your deck to use them like paratroopers, you can put as many Fallschirmjäger you want in your reserve deck and focus your main units to achieve...let's say...the air supremacy, so your transport planes won't be shot down by enemy fighters.

You can couple them with the assault glider DFS-230 cost (0). It's a support unit, that allows you to deploy your paratroopers (normal Fallschirmjäger or their equpment, like the 7,5 leichtgeschutz 40 or the 8.1 cm Granatwerfer 42), with +4 defense.

But...to use the assault glider, you need to discard one of your planes to make it actually fly.

You can choose what plane to discard, and bear in mind that when a unit is discarded, it can activate other skills. You can use a...let's say, a Ju-52 which grants you +1 Manpower when discarded, or...a Fw-189 which can uncover an enemy unit.

This is only a little example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds nice in theory, but I'm not sure how viable it will be in practice. If I want a heavier use of some unit, it may cost me quite a lot, since judging by your description of the card distribution (in base game and expansions) you won't have many copies of a card to use. So unless you will blow a ton of money on copies of the base game or expansions, you won't be able to produce such specialized decks. That is unless I'm missing some details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mesh Promesh
Italy
flag msg tools
There are specific expansions for this purpose don't worry.
The base game, and the first 6 expansion I've made, already have a good and progressive deckbuilding possibilities.

If you want something specific...specific expansion will grant you whatever you need.

Let's say you want to build a good deck with many aircraft carriers which can deploy many carrier based aircraft... well you will find an expansion only for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.