Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After realising that I've not played my Heroscape collection in a while, I've decided that I should probably sell it off to someone who might get more use out of it than I do. I've got two copies of Rise of the Valkyrie, one Marvel core set, two Road to the Forgotten Forests, one Tundra, and I think two copies of Orm's Return.
What would be the best way to sell it all? One complete lot, or break it into smaller chunks? Is Ebay the best place? Also I have absolutely no idea what this collection is worth. What would be a fair price for it all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Millen
United Kingdom
Greyabbey
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
Since its quiet I will jump in though I am no expert.

I wish I was in a position to make you an offer, but I instituted a monthly budget this year to protect me from impulse purchases.

Otherwise I might be opening with an offer of GBP 400 plus shipping and if accepted I would run like a thief.

Broadly your choices are to put a bit of work in to get the best price, or shift the collection quickly to a reseller for a more modest return.

best price is probably to sell in discrete lots on Ebay, taking due diligence not to get ripped off.

Easiest is to identify the reputable resellers there and approach one to see if they would take the lot from you. Their offer will reflect their expected selling price and profit

Either way take price soundings from completed sales on Ebay and from:

www.allthingsheroscape.com/ (US)

and from
www.giochinscatola.it/en/ (EU)

and seek friendly counsel in the trades and sales forums at

www.heroscapers.com/

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rice
Scotland
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincher wrote:
After realising that I've not played my Heroscape collection in a while, I've decided that I should probably sell it off to someone who might get more use out of it than I do. I've got two copies of Rise of the Valkyrie, one Marvel core set, two Road to the Forgotten Forests, one Tundra, and I think two copies of Orm's Return.
What would be the best way to sell it all? One complete lot, or break it into smaller chunks? Is Ebay the best place? Also I have absolutely no idea what this collection is worth. What would be a fair price for it all?

Based on a few years of eBay trading, here's my experience in the U.K: ROTV go for £25-35, Marvel £30-50, RTFF £30-50, Tundra £50-£100, Orms Return £20-£30. So absolute top whack £380, bottom end £230. But that's selling as individual lots. If you sell as a collection I'd put a reserve of £200 and hope to get £250 or more but demand is fickle and it depends how many other sets are for sale at the same time. It's the sort of collection that would suit someone new to the game as most of it is fairly common. RTFF is moderately hard to come by but I've picked up 3 sets for the prices I've quoted. The real gem is the Tundra set which very seldom comes up in the UK and I've only got one, so don't sell that cheap. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.