Subject: Thought on Punch Board Quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Yong
Malaysia
K.L
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, guys. Just wonder what are you guys' thought on the punch board quality?

Just received the game today and find that their punch board quality slightly inferior compared to Fantasy Flight Games punch board.

Sorry to said that I only used to purchase FFG game and find that their punch board quality is better than this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell McKinney
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Jack attack
badge
The grumpiest grump
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was fine, but I’m not 100% sure what you mean? Are you saying it wasn’t thick enough? Or that the chits weren’t centered correctly? Or something else? Games are going to come from all sorts of different production companies, so there will be differences in how things look and feel.

That being said, the game with the most pleasing punch board experience that I’ve seen isn’t FFG. That honor goes to Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game. You could blow on those chits and they would have popped out perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looked perfectly fine to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were perfect. Zero issues, complaints or concerns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have many games from many different publishers and find the punch board quality for Grimm Forrest to be above average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

I have many games from many different publishers and find the punch board quality for Grimm Forrest to be above average.

I agree. However, I did have one teeny issue when punching out my game. The tip of the tower on the Rapunzel house player board separated slightly (about 1/4") when I punched it out. I think I should add some glue at some point to keep the cardboard layers from splitting any further.

Other than that, top notch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yong
Malaysia
K.L
flag msg tools
badge
fullbloodlion wrote:
I thought it was fine, but I’m not 100% sure what you mean? Are you saying it wasn’t thick enough? Or that the chits weren’t centered correctly? Or something else? Games are going to come from all sorts of different production companies, so there will be differences in how things look and feel.

That being said, the game with the most pleasing punch board experience that I’ve seen isn’t FFG. That honor goes to Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game. You could blow on those chits and they would have popped out perfectly.

Sorry for not clarifying. I found that it is a bit hard to punch out, but maybe the way I punch them out is incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yong
Malaysia
K.L
flag msg tools
badge
CavemanLogic wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

I agree. However, I did have one teeny issue when punching out my game. The tip of the tower on the Rapunzel house player board separated slightly (about 1/4") when I punched it out. I think I should add some glue at some point to keep the cardboard layers from splitting any further.

Other than that, top notch!

When I punch out the 1st builder bonus token, one of the token cardboard layer does slight splitting.

But I agree that in overall, the quality is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Tan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Winchester1991 wrote:
Hi, guys. Just wonder what are you guys' thought on the punch board quality?

Just received the game today and find that their punch board quality slightly inferior compared to Fantasy Flight Games punch board.

Sorry to said that I only used to purchase FFG game and find that their punch board quality is better than this.

I had quality issues with a few of the boards - some appeared to have water damage and with one not glued down properly. I used their reporting page and received replacement boards approx 3-4 weeks later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spudkitty

Idaho
msg tools
mbmbmb
I had no trouble removing the pieces on the punch board, but I'm really OCD-careful with any game requiring this effort.

I'm really surprised to see complaints about any quality issues with this game. Everything about this game is so well done ... the minis are some of the very best, the box insert, the plastic house components. Druid City Games knocked this game out of the park in terms of quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.