John Fleming
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools

Though this Road Hog game is in production and available for purchase, there seems to be remarkably little clarification or support for it by designer Randall Hoyt.

On his personal website he writes, "Whether it is a book, identity, web site, stop-motion animation, or sculpture I do my best to create the stereoptic vision of designer and client harmony that bestows depth to the work."

Very nice. But does he also try to create that same "client harmony" regarding a game?

He appears to be a registered BGG user, yet for some reason hasn't responded to posted inquiries or discussions regarding his own game. It's odd, and quite out of character with the supportive active participations we see from designers of other games.

Could it be that he doesn't subscribe to his own game's entry on BGG?

-- John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if he really isn't in tune with BGG. Many designers approach board games from outside the BGG universe. Some just use it as additional marketing.

I would suspect even if he has subscribed to BGG notifications, he doesn't log in enough to check on them.

EDIT: His last login shows 2017-11-05
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fleming
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools

Thanks, Tahsin. You offer a good explanation.

The Road Hog game is interesting, and perhaps BGG users can help each other in responding to the inquiries that arise, as they do with so many other games.

-- John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.