Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary» Forums » Rules

Subject: So many rules doubts... Help pls! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel M
United States
Glencoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let me just dive into it..

1) Barricades - How do you actually represent a barricade on the board? I see no barricade tokens in the game! Are mine missing? Or you use the materials token?

2) Survivor's Token - In the FAQ and in many forums it is said you don't immediately own your own tokens, you need to gain them by some card effect. So, how can Rick give them away (one of this main card effects) if there is no card that allow him to gain them in the first place? I am assuming you need to first "gain" to then "give".

3) Range of Ammo maneuver - As a maneuver, you can use one ammo (and raise 1 threat) to shoot according to LoS... But how far? Infinite range?

4) Actions 1 - I am assuming you can choose not to take an action or a maneuver, they are optional, right?

5) Actions 2 - Also assuming you MUST always roll dice when taking an action, you cannot simply do the first free line of an action, right?

6) Ally's exert die roll 1 - Can allies turn an exert die roll into success based on the icon of the card of its master survivor?

7) Ally's exert die roll 2 - If you roll three white dice and get three exerts, do you immediately get 3 exert token and the game is over? I can only assume you can only get one exert token per action, regardless of number of dice, otherwise taking any action with an ally would be crazy dangerous, specially action the character is good at and hence gives him more dice (that would be totally contradictory).

8) Searching multi area buildings - Rules appears to say that adjacent areas with orange lines constitute one large building, also saying your can search a deck in a different area (square) as long as you are in the larger building. Is this right? This seems to contradict the fact on the first scenario (Scavenging Run) there is a large 3 area building at the bottom and setup instructs you to place two search decks in two different areas (squares)? Why not 1 large deck since you could search anything from anywhere inside the building?

THANK YOU!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Olafsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
1. You use the material tokens to place a barricade on an orange wall.

2. He can give them away through survivor cards effects, he doesn't need to "earn" them first, you just take them from the survivor token supply.

3. As long as line of sight doesn't cross an orange wall you can shoot to any point on the map, yes.

4. They are optional and can be done in any order you seem fit, you can perform 1 maneuver and no action for example or perform 1 action and no maneuver or neither.

5. Correct, you MUST roll the dice when you take an action.

6. No.

7. Allies cannot exert more than 1 at a time AND cannot heal more than 1 at a time, so no the game would not end. Also exert results do not mean that you must exert only that you can turn those results into a success by exerting.

8. Anything within four orange walls constitutes a building and you can search the cards of that building from any space within that building. The Scavanger hunt scenario has none of these types of buildings but the second scenario does if I remember correctly.

Hope that helped!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel M
United States
Glencoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
danieloz91 wrote:
1. You use the material tokens to place a barricade on an orange wall.

2. He can give them away through survivor cards effects, he doesn't need to "earn" them first, you just take them from the survivor token supply.

3. As long as line of sight doesn't cross an orange wall you can shoot to any point on the map, yes.

4. They are optional and can be done in any order you seem fit, you can perform 1 maneuver and no action for example or perform 1 action and no maneuver or neither.

5. Correct, you MUST roll the dice when you take an action.

6. No.

7. Allies cannot exert more than 1 at a time AND cannot heal more than 1 at a time, so no the game would not end. Also exert results do not mean that you must exert only that you can turn those results into a success by exerting.

8. Anything within four orange walls constitutes a building and you can search the cards of that building from any space within that building. The Scavanger hunt scenario has none of these types of buildings but the second scenario does if I remember correctly.

Hope that helped!


Helped a lot... Thanks a lot!

If I may follow up on two questions please:

7) So pls confirm if this is correct - If you roll for example 3 exerts, you can choose to turn a max of 1 exert roll into 1 success roll by taking an exert token. The 2 leftover exert rolls simply won't do anything to the ally's health. I cannot choose to turn more than 1 roll into success. And if I choose to leave all those 3 exert rolls as is, then again nothing happen. Right?

8) So if two independent areas fully surrounded by orange are adjacent to one another (meaning 2 orange lines will be fully touching each other in parallel), then this does NOT constitute one large building but rather two separate buildings that happen to be side by side? If so, the implication is that I would need to move from building to building to search there and also that I would be able to place barricades between those buildings. Correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk Allaert
Belgium
Dadizele
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
dtmoura wrote:
danieloz91 wrote:
1. You use the material tokens to place a barricade on an orange wall.

2. He can give them away through survivor cards effects, he doesn't need to "earn" them first, you just take them from the survivor token supply.

3. As long as line of sight doesn't cross an orange wall you can shoot to any point on the map, yes.

4. They are optional and can be done in any order you seem fit, you can perform 1 maneuver and no action for example or perform 1 action and no maneuver or neither.

5. Correct, you MUST roll the dice when you take an action.

6. No.

7. Allies cannot exert more than 1 at a time AND cannot heal more than 1 at a time, so no the game would not end. Also exert results do not mean that you must exert only that you can turn those results into a success by exerting.

8. Anything within four orange walls constitutes a building and you can search the cards of that building from any space within that building. The Scavanger hunt scenario has none of these types of buildings but the second scenario does if I remember correctly.

Hope that helped!


Helped a lot... Thanks a lot!

If I may follow up on two questions please:

7) So pls confirm if this is correct - If you roll for example 3 exerts, you can choose to turn a max of 1 exert roll into 1 success roll by taking an exert token. The 2 leftover exert rolls simply won't do anything to the ally's health. I cannot choose to turn more than 1 roll into success. And if I choose to leave all those 3 exert rolls as is, then again nothing happen. Right?

8) So if two independent areas fully surrounded by orange are adjacent to one another (meaning 2 orange lines will be fully touching each other in parallel), then this does NOT constitute one large building but rather two separate buildings that happen to be side by side? If so, the implication is that I would need to move from building to building to search there and also that I would be able to place barricades between those buildings. Correct?


I would say both statements are correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel M
United States
Glencoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
roadie75 wrote:
dtmoura wrote:
danieloz91 wrote:
1. You use the material tokens to place a barricade on an orange wall.

2. He can give them away through survivor cards effects, he doesn't need to "earn" them first, you just take them from the survivor token supply.

3. As long as line of sight doesn't cross an orange wall you can shoot to any point on the map, yes.

4. They are optional and can be done in any order you seem fit, you can perform 1 maneuver and no action for example or perform 1 action and no maneuver or neither.

5. Correct, you MUST roll the dice when you take an action.

6. No.

7. Allies cannot exert more than 1 at a time AND cannot heal more than 1 at a time, so no the game would not end. Also exert results do not mean that you must exert only that you can turn those results into a success by exerting.

8. Anything within four orange walls constitutes a building and you can search the cards of that building from any space within that building. The Scavanger hunt scenario has none of these types of buildings but the second scenario does if I remember correctly.

Hope that helped!


Helped a lot... Thanks a lot!

If I may follow up on two questions please:

7) So pls confirm if this is correct - If you roll for example 3 exerts, you can choose to turn a max of 1 exert roll into 1 success roll by taking an exert token. The 2 leftover exert rolls simply won't do anything to the ally's health. I cannot choose to turn more than 1 roll into success. And if I choose to leave all those 3 exert rolls as is, then again nothing happen. Right?

8) So if two independent areas fully surrounded by orange are adjacent to one another (meaning 2 orange lines will be fully touching each other in parallel), then this does NOT constitute one large building but rather two separate buildings that happen to be side by side? If so, the implication is that I would need to move from building to building to search there and also that I would be able to place barricades between those buildings. Correct?


I would say both statements are correct.


Thanks...

And if I could just abuse everyone with an additional questions...

Defiant Ally: I understand an Ally can only choose a defiant special action from its sheet if it pays a Trust token... But in this case, would the leader also take a stress token (like it does when someone play a defiant card)? I am assuming it is no.

Ally in Group Tension: You can avoid group tension by every "survivor" discarding a Trust token. Would that include an ally? Or just main survivors need to discard?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk Allaert
Belgium
Dadizele
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
- the leader would not suffer stress
- yes, the ally must also discard trust, he is considered a survivor in this case.

Below you can find the rules i noted down myself concerning allies :

- Allies can never be leader
- Allies also start with a trust token
- Each ally is assigned to a controlling survivor and plays immediately after that survivor
- An ally can not change an exert die roll into a success for free, he has to take an exert token
- An ally can only take 1 exert to change a die
o If he has 3 exert tokens, he is dead and everyone loses
- When an ally exerts, he can only gain 1 exert token, no matter the value of the exert
- When an ally heals X, he may only discard 1 exert token
- An ally should play the same approach as it’s controlling survivor.
- An ally may play an action that does not follow the approach of it’s controlling player, but only if he discards a trust token
- An ally does not give stress to another survivor for not following the approach
- When rolling a fear effect : see the ally sheet for the result
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel M
United States
Glencoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great.. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.