Subject: Displaying the town map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keira Henderson
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hello everyone! I am looking for a unique way to hang my Gloomhaven map on my board game room wall. I don't want to damage the board itself and I also want to be able to easily access it in order to place the scenario stickers on it. Does anyone have any recommendations? Pictures would be fantastic!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could frame it without the glass/plastic and hang it. Unique would be up to what kind of frame/flourish you go for. You could affix the back of the board to the backing sheet for the frame if folding seems like it might be an issue.

When my group wraps up the campaign, my plan is to build a shadow box to display the board, some of the painted minis, a collage of completed cards/quests/character sheets, and maybe a group photo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The simple/easy thing to do would be to use poster putty and just stick it to the wall. It might take a fair amount of the stuff since cardboard is heavier than thin poster paper, but I think it'd probably get the job done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Get a 16x20 frame from a local store or Amazon.

2) Get a package of Neodynium magnets with adhesive strips

3)Put 8 magnets on the frame (2 per side of course)

4)Line up the other 8 magnets to the bottom side of your Gloomhaven Board and adhere them to those areas.

The Gloomhaven map should be able to click right into place, and you'll be able to remove the board without too much effort. (Make sure your frame is firmly secured to the wall so you don't pull the frame off when you remove the gameboard.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keira Henderson
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I hadn't thought of using magnets. I tried using the command strip hooks around the outside of the board but the weight was too much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
I put mine on the wall from the start. It's really cool to have the map up there next to the game table. I'll try to describe what I used...

There is something made for holding wires to a wall. It is essentially two small finishing nails with a white plastic tab connecting the two of them. I think they call them cable staples. I cut the plastic in half, and then nail them into the wall around the perimeter of the map. It holds them to the wall pretty nicely without poking a single hole in the board. No sticky stuff either.

I'm sure there are tons of similar options, but that's just what I already had.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gardner-Bender-225-Count-0-5-Inch-P...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got 3 command strips (I think the velcro-ey ones) and it's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used 4 Velcro command strips.
Works great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a temporary measure, I hung it from a hook using a bulldog clip. Worked great, still using it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the map printed on photo paper, used magnets to hang it on my memo board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had mine printed on photo paper then glued it to a sheet of plywood that I had stained, then hung it on the wall, works great and looks really nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keira Henderson
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Ashamel wrote:
As a temporary measure, I hung it from a hook using a bulldog clip. Worked great, still using it.

Do you think this would damage the board if it was attached for a long period of time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keira Henderson
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Relampagos wrote:
I put mine on the wall from the start. It's really cool to have the map up there next to the game table. I'll try to describe what I used...

There is something made for holding wires to a wall. It is essentially two small finishing nails with a white plastic tab connecting the two of them. I think they call them cable staples. I cut the plastic in half, and then nail them into the wall around the perimeter of the map. It holds them to the wall pretty nicely without poking a single hole in the board. No sticky stuff either.

I'm sure there are tons of similar options, but that's just what I already had.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gardner-Bender-225-Count-0-5-Inch-P...

Do you have pictures? That sounds like a neat idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keira55 wrote:
Ashamel wrote:

Do you think this would damage the board if it was attached for a long period of time

I checked the map, and there's no indication of any abrasion or pressure damage. Probably depends on the strength of the clip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.