Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Meeple Realty Insert for Rising Sun - Preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

We from Meeple Realty has been working on the insert for Rising Sun and have some near final prototype that we would like to show off to y'all!

Here are some sample pictures of the player tray and some of the other components' trays:





We will share more information about the insert as we get closer to completing it. In the meanwhile, hope you like what we have to offer.
______________________________________________________
Update: 4/20/2018

We now have the complete base game insert that we can show off. Here is the video of the insert:



Enjoy!
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Burgess
United States
Cedar Hills
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have an example of what the Turtle Clan will look like? Also, what is your timeline?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are still working on finalizing the design on the turtle clan since it requires a completely different design. I will share more as we get further on the prototype.

As for timeline, we should be ready for release by Origins this year.
cdburgess wrote:
Do you have an example of what the Turtle Clan will look like? Also, what is your timeline?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james herbby
msg tools
Well, shit.

That is pretty snazzy. Was going to buy from foam and make my own, but now i have to see how this turns out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. A.
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't seen anywhere, but is there a 1-box solution for all the KS content?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
not a fan of the 1-box solution with the lid only close halfway
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very clever. Given the size differences in the minis, do you have a common design for all clans, or do they have to be a bit different?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byobodybag wrote:
Haven't seen anywhere, but is there a 1-box solution for all the KS content?


The Broken Token crate is really the only 1 box solution that doesn't use a combined box hack. It's just too much stuff to put in one box unless you bag it everything.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the base game clans, aside from the turtle clan, they all will fit in the tray shown in the pictures/videos. There is slight adjustment needed to be made for the expansion & KS clans, namely the Moon and Sun clans.

As a note, we will be able to show the tray that we design for Turtle clan in the next few days!

spbtc wrote:
Very clever. Given the size differences in the minis, do you have a common design for all clans, or do they have to be a bit different?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our solution will be to store the components in the base and Damiyo boxes, and I think we will be able to design it so that boxes will sit flush without any lift.

The idea is to allow the game to be played right out of the main box and if variety is needed, you can break open the components stored in Damiyo box and add it to the game (as necessary).

As for all in one solution, if there is enough interest, we can certainly look into making an external box to fit all of them. This will be something we explore after the initial release of the insert.

Hope that answer your question!

byobodybag wrote:
Haven't seen anywhere, but is there a 1-box solution for all the KS content?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
tboys wrote:
For the base game clans, aside from the turtle clan, they all will fit in the tray shown in the pictures/videos. There is slight adjustment needed to be made for the expansion & KS clans, namely the Moon and Sun clans.

As a note, we will be able to show the tray that we design for Turtle clan in the next few days!

spbtc wrote:
Very clever. Given the size differences in the minis, do you have a common design for all clans, or do they have to be a bit different?

When will we see the whole thing and how it fits in the box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be able to show the prototype for the base game today or tomorrow and the one for Damiyo box will be in a few weeks.

Khryptik wrote:
When will we see the whole thing and how it fits in the box?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tboys wrote:
The idea is to allow the game to be played right out of the main box and if variety is needed, you can break open the components stored in Damiyo box and add it to the game (as necessary).


I really like this idea.

When you post the prototype, will you explain a little about how you imagine the Daimyo box will work, even if you don't have a prototype ready?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drammattex wrote:
When you post the prototype, will you explain a little about how you imagine the Daimyo box will work, even if you don't have a prototype ready?


The video for the prototype (main box) is already recorded and needs to be edited a little bit before we can post it, so unfortunately, we won't be able to cover the information about the Damiyo box in the video. I am sorry about that.

I will try my best to explain the vision here. For the Damiyo box, the design is centered around storing the components together, e.g. keeping the Kami minis together, the Lucky Gods from Dynasty exp together, etc. This will help with just taking out the specific components you need when playing with a particular expansion. An example is if you play the game without any of the Dynasty clans (i.e. moon / sun clan), then you don't need to take out the tray for the Lucky God. Hope that makes sense!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, that totally makes sense and was exactly what I was asking for. Thank you!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have the video preview for the full base game insert, and happy Friday!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tboys wrote:
We now have the video preview for the full base game insert, and happy Friday!!!

Where?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperor Spot wrote:
Where?

Edited on the main post (above).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. A.
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tboys wrote:
Emperor Spot wrote:
Where?

Edited on the main post (above).


Are these available now?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the video, that locking mechanism looks awkward to reconnect, but everything else about this looks great. I particularly like the two storage boxes for coins and ronin so that there can be one at each end of the table, and the monsters are organized better than with any other insert that I've seen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hirsch
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
Is there any updated information regarding release of this insert? It looks great, but the more I play the game the more necessity I have for an insert asap, regardless of appearance or really cool locking mechanisms. Please hurry Meeple Realty, I can't hold out much longer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologize for the delay. We should have the pre-order up within 2-3 weeks.

Marsh Birdman wrote:
Is there any updated information regarding release of this insert? It looks great, but the more I play the game the more necessity I have for an insert asap, regardless of appearance or really cool locking mechanisms. Please hurry Meeple Realty, I can't hold out much longer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hirsch
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
Thanks for the update, Tom. Based on the video preview, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.