7 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Marhsalling and Shinto rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Sanderson

Illinois
msg tools
If I already have a shinto on the board from a previous turn. If a marshal comes up, can I move that shinto to a shrine or is that only when they are recruited and initially summoned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can only put shinto on shrines during recruitment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 14, first sentence under Summoning Shinto, emphasis added:

Quote:
When a Shinto warrior is Summoned (and only at the moment when it is Summoned), the player may choose to send it to climb the holy mountains to Worship one of the Kami.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol sorry to make this confusing but I do think there are a few cards that let you put shinto on temples outside of recruitment. I think there is one that lets you replace shinto during a betray. I just cant think of what they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SwissQueso wrote:
lol sorry to make this confusing but I do think there are a few cards that let you put shinto on temples outside of recruitment. I think there is one that lets you replace shinto during a betray. I just cant think of what they are.

That’s not the question though. The question is about Marshaling.

By default, you can only move Shinto to shrines while Summoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but my first post I said you can only put shinto on shrines during a recruitment, which isnt 100% true. More like 98% true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing is 100% true. Golden rule - if a game component tells you to break a rule the game component takes precedence. Which is why my rulings generally include the qualifier "normally".

So yes, to answer the base question here, you cannot normally marshal a Shinto from the map to a Shrine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.