Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hanks
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you first buy an expansion which recommended sets do you try first: expansion only or expansion and a familiar set?

I bought Seaside and gradually introduced myself to the new cards by playing all of the recommended Seaside + Base Dominion sets, before playing the Seaside-only sets.

Cheers, Rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually start by playing their recommended sets, then random within the expansion, then just mix it in with everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For brand-new expansion, I do 5 random cards from the new set and 5 random old cards from any set (...plus one Event and one Landmark, both also random). If a new card wasn't bought in the first game, I leave it out for the next game and randomize the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rients-Auke Rienstra
Netherlands
flag msg tools
We try to change the game a little every time we play after a new expansion. First using the recommended sets one by one and then change a few cards each which were not used are change combination slightly. This will help te master the impact of one or two cards on the game as well as the power of combo's. It will also signal combo's are other combination and situation in the gameplay which you might not like very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Lar
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
We've always played all the recommended sets, then go to a 5 new set to 5 random draw split, then 3 new, 7 random which is where we are stuck now as we play the heck out of Nocturne.

I think Nocturne is a terrific addition to Dominion. I own them all and each additional one added has just deepened the enjoyment I have playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Douvier
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One of my friends recommends playing through all of the recommended sets as a way to learn about all of the cards. We like to start there, but then after playing through a game, switch out a couple of cards and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.