Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dean M.
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook for Unbreakable Bonds expansion it states under the COMBAT BOARDS section "...resolve the next space on the combat board that contains a token following its instructions."

Then on the Trickster combat board in the TACTICS section for instructions it has: "Copy SHIELD in response to damage; otherwise copy highest SKULL"

So.. can the TACTICS token in that section ONLY be used for SHIELD then SKULL? Or if the Trickster had no SHIELDS or SKULLS can it then be used to copy one of it's opponents tokens? IE. WING or SURGE etc..?

Another example would be on the Mystic combat board in DOUBLE section.
If the Mystic had no SURGE or SKULL as per the instructions could it then use it's DOUBLE token on it's SHIELD token if it had one?

I am guessing yes...?? That it just wasn't practical to list every potential possibility in the instruction section ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trickster: If you have no shields and no skulls, it means you must have two agility, and a blank that can be flipped into a shield. Agility and surges are spent before tactics, so your own tokens of those types won't be available.

The player can force the situation, if they have no shields or damage of their own. The can then wait until after the monster spends agility, then spend their own agility to recast the shield. If it comes up blank, there are no tokens on the field the trickster can copy, so the token is wasted.

Mystic: This one's easier. Two of the mystic tokens are skull on one side and surge on the other. You'll always have at least 1 token that can be doubled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dean M.
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

Sorry i should have mentioned this in my original post.

We seem to run into this situation when a player has the conversion skill in play and is using it in combat to remove skulls from the monsters combat board.

Also the Mystic has a tactics token i believe. It may have been with it when we encountered the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mystic's tactics token has the same instructions as the trickster.

In both cases, if there is no shield and no skull to copy, then the token isn't spent. The rules say to skip the token and move to the next one that can be used, but if there are no skulls then the next step is to pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dean M.
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Runebound (Third Edition) to Runebound (Third Edition): Unbreakable Bonds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.