Subject: Friendly forces dominates! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through a pretty tough start and exit area (1-6 on the map) and suffered no damage. My tank only took out 1 LW infantry while the friendly forces took out several AT guns, trucks, SPWs, etc. Not many victory points for me but plenty in general! Is that normal? I am very early in the campaign and am still using an M4 tank.
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the flyboys in B17 Queen of the Skies say..

It’s a Milk Run

It won’t happen often, think of it as a well coordinated day : thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also want to try this optional rule from the General by Rich Jennings:

Quote:
The first concerns the point values assigned to each area on the Movement Board. I was surprised that the designer gave each area a victory point value of "1 ". Considering that the towns and crossroads
represented by the "C" areas would have more strategic value than the open fields of the "B" areas or the farm fields of the "A" areas, it only makes sense to give the "C" area a heavier point value.

This has the secondary effect of giving the player more incentive for attacking these strategic areas as he moves towards his exit rather than bypass them in favor of areas with lower resistance. Similarly,
because the terrain of the "D" areas would be more difficult to attack & defend, this type could also be given a heavier point value. I would suggest, then, an Optional Point Value system as follows:

Area A: farms and fields 1 point
Area B: open fields 1 point
Area C: towns 3 points
Area D: woods 2 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Brown
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mixykym wrote:
It won’t happen often, think of it as a well coordinated day : thumbsup

Yeah, in my current campaign (Oct 2 after 20 missions and on my 4th tank) a while back I lost two tanks in two consecutive days to fausts without us ever getting off a shot. TF SNAFU lacked coordination on those days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Holman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@afjb thats exactly how every mission goes for me. Except I always die one zone away from the exit.soblue

Anybody got any tips for this damned game? Myblankgrandomotherblankgotblankhitblankbyblankablankshellblankheadblankonblankinblanktheblankfirstblankmission devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this Luke, too funny!

I finished that day's battles and it was more of the same, very few VP for me and my tank, while the FF took out a lot of enemy units. I can hit a target every now and then, just can't seem to kill one.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.