Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Printing The Crystal’s Song at Office Depot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin S

Missouri
msg tools
Just FYI for those in the US, I had Office Depot print off The Crystal’s Song PDF on some photo paper. They charged me 5$ and then I used the in store cutting board to cut them down.

They came out great. I get T7C tomorrow and have been waiting a long time to play it. They are two separate cards (front and back). I plan on sleeving them together or just using half of the card in a sleeve with a different card.

11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Baughman

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Will Code For Food
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Printing The Crystal’s Somg at Office Depot
Wow much better than my cruddy inkjet job.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Staples in Canada does a cutting job for like $1. The problem is, it's really hit-or-miss. I've gotten amazing cuts from them but other times it's been a total butchery.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like their in store cutting board devices need a damn good sharpening... those edges look really bad.

However, nicely done I wish here in CH we could get stuff printed cheaply like that
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fitzgerald
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Cool I think I'm gonna do this on my next day off. I've never tried printing game components before is there a certain type of card stock/paper I should be using?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S

Missouri
msg tools
simondtaylor wrote:
Looks like their in store cutting board devices need a damn good sharpening... those edges look really bad.

However, nicely done I wish here in CH we could get stuff printed cheaply like that


Agreed! They could have been much better, but I’m happy with them while awaiting the official ones.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S

Missouri
msg tools
Jamman39 wrote:
Cool I think I'm gonna do this on my next day off. I've never tried printing game components before is there a certain type of card stock/paper I should be using?


I just asked what kind of heavier paper they had. I liked the feel of the photo paper the offered. Was not to thick, so. If I end up sharing a sleeve with another card, it should fit OK.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamman39 wrote:
Cool I think I'm gonna do this on my next day off. I've never tried printing game components before is there a certain type of card stock/paper I should be using?
I printed mine on our laser printer on 110-lb cardstock. I had to print it double-sided, then cut out just half, because the real cards are about the same thickness. Folding them made them way too thick compared to the real cards.

Since I sleeved the entire game, I sleeved these, as well. Except for the square corners, they're just about the same as the rest of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Did you choose glossy or matte photo paper?

Do the cards in the box have a glossy sheen to themV
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jussta wrote:
simondtaylor wrote:
Looks like their in store cutting board devices need a damn good sharpening... those edges look really bad.

However, nicely done I wish here in CH we could get stuff printed cheaply like that


Agreed! They could have been much better, but I’m happy with them while awaiting the official ones.


Are there official 1s coming?

Edit: nevermind I did what I should have done and looked myself. Apologies I came in late to the game, like last minute as a late backer and haven't gone through every update.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that you don't need high-quality printing on these. This is because the Crystal Song (CS) cards don't get mixed in with the other cards. Well, except the Curse card - and any other Curse card can serve as a substitute.

We printed out the cards, folded them over, and started playing. No sleeves, no lamination. We played CS once to get the hang of the game, and a second time "seriously". In both cases the cheap-o printings were adequate.

Our second game (two-player) lasted 2.5 hours from start to finish. CS is a really nice way to learn/teach the basics of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Baughman

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Will Code For Food
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The only issue I will run into is having to proxy then randomize the draw on flip since in my second play I will know which crystal explore is which thanks to my poor printing. Not a big deal. After finishing once thus far I plan to play it once more before I do VG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Erroll wrote:
The only issue I will run into is having to proxy then randomize the draw on flip since in my second play I will know which crystal explore is which thanks to my poor printing. Not a big deal. After finishing once thus far I plan to play it once more before I do VG.


If you've got sleeves, why not just print on thin paper and sleeve your cheap printing with the back of a corresponding card color?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Because there are no such backs (except for the one curse card)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Because there are no such backs (except for the one curse card)


What do you mean? Just slip a printed Crystals song curse card front into a sleeve with the exposed blue back of virtually any other unused curse card. What's the problem with that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schleima wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
Because there are no such backs (except for the one curse card)


What do you mean? Just slip a printed Crystals song curse card front into a sleeve with the exposed blue back of virtually any other unused curse card. What's the problem with that?


I think Jack Spirio would 100% agree with you.

He's saying that you can only do this with the curse card; you can't do this with the other Crystal Song cards.

But that doesn't really matter, since the other Crystal Song cards are kept in their own separate piles anyway.

Anyway, however you prepare your CS cards, enjoy the game. We did...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
schleima wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
Because there are no such backs (except for the one curse card)


What do you mean? Just slip a printed Crystals song curse card front into a sleeve with the exposed blue back of virtually any other unused curse card. What's the problem with that?


I think Jack Spirio would 100% agree with you.

He's saying that you can only do this with the curse card; you can't do this with the other Crystal Song cards.

But that doesn't really matter, since the other Crystal Song cards are kept in their own separate piles anyway.

Anyway, however you prepare your CS cards, enjoy the game. We did...


Oh, I see... Not sure why jack would think I was referring to sleeving the crystal foggy backed cards as there is no pactical purpose to doing that with the print and play version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you just wrote that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Because you just wrote that?


Oops, you're right. I misread the post I was replying to. I thought they were referring to the action deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.