Pillars of Eternity: Lords of the Eastern Reach» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Difficulty and Fulfillment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cryotech
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

Unless I'm doing something wrong or am missing something, this game was extremely easy to beat with zero strategy. First play through and I ended up scoring off the charts VP and that's with having VP cards destroyed.

Maybe it will be a lot more challenging against one or more players but the solo variant just seems way to simplistic for a game like this. Even the adventuring had very little tension to it and I was able to mop up the monsters quite easily due to the size of my army. And that was true even for levels 2 and 3 for the dungeon adventure.

I don't know. As I said, maybe I'm missing something but I don't know what exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Ronci
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I got the same feeling as you, and tried the solo variant called "path of the damned".
You can find it in this forum (sorry, I'm an incompetent with forums and I'm not sure how to link it )

I found it much better than the official version.

Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afraid that you missed nothing.

The solo game is so beyond easy that I feel the developers themselves never tried playing it.

Its extremely bare bones.

I have yet to try this variant. The card layout is easy enough to bake in some new interesting rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.