Subject: Great game..how would you describe it to someone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,all.

having had a few plays.and just gobsmacked at how good a game this is.how would I describe it in short terms to someone?...
Mix hellraiser with dark souls sprinkle Warhammer quest over it .and there you have it!!..a very very good dark horror dungeon crawler.that never plays the same way twice!

what do you guys think?

and finally well done to all the guys at DIG you have actually achieved what a lot of others have tried and failed to do....make a dark horror board game.and a bloody good one at that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jernej peter
Slovenia
flag msg tools
You Can't Take the Sky from Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Description : best dungeon crawler out there, with some learning to do, where you have to make smart desicions and have a litlle bit of luck and never plays the same way twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
How much tactics is involved during the fights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
poyo zozo
msg tools
The game's really great. I think a fitting description for it would be : a diablosoul-esque shadow of brimstone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poyozo wrote:
The game's really great. I think a fitting description for it would be : a diablosoul-esque shadow of brimstone
Ithink it easliy outdoes SOB that was one very fiddly game took ages to set up...this is a lot darker too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It's the 1995 Warhammer Quest, but with a darker theme and prettier models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcusnc
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fenpaints wrote:

Fen, have you gotten a copy of the game? I'd love to see what you think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fenpaints wrote:

The minis are great but the classic Citadel minis are the best.

So much personality and character.

WHQ also has a much more expanded bestiary. Something that I think Darklight will need in the very near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
poyozo wrote:
Ithink it easliy outdoes SOB that was one very fiddly game took ages to set up...this is a lot darker too

The base game of SOB takes no more or less time to set up than the base game of Darklight does. The only reason SOB takes more time now is that it has more stuff than any other game in the market. Still super easy to set up though.

If Darklight ever Seed that same number of cards and expansions that SOB has, it too will take longer to set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.